♡.II

FP's Trailer - FP's Bedroom - Night

"And then when he asked what she was going to say, she replied 'Nothing', and I just couldn't stand there and watch anymore."

She'd arrived at the trailer an hour or so ago and summed up what happened at Pop's when she was picking up their dinner.

FP hums, "I thought your friend Betty was going to confess to him tonight? That's what you told me the other day." He steals his drink back from her hands as he says this.

"Hey! I was drinking that." She gives him a pout, picking up her abandoned drink when he makes it clear he's not giving it back.

"It was my drink first, Junie, you have your own. Answer the question."

She huffs and takes a small sip of her drink, making sure to swallow before she replies, "Yes, I did say that. It's nice to know you pay attention to things I tell you. But clearly she got cold feet once realizing that Veronica had his attention."

He looks up at this, "Veronica Lodge, right?" His voice doesn't betray anything, but she can see an expression of something in his face. She chooses to ignore this.

"Uh huh, she's really pretty too. I can see why Archie would take an interest in her," she pauses, repeating what she'd just said in her head and backtracks, "not that Betty isn't pretty! I just mean-"

FP chuckles at her flustered state, "I know what you mean, no need to get all red in the face."

He looks over at the clock on his bedside table, it reads just about 11:30 pm. He gets up from his place on the bed and takes her empty cup from her, once again ignoring her pout.

"Time for bed, pretty girl."

June makes a face at this, very uninterested in going to bed at the moment.

"Come on, don't make that face. You know my rules when you're spending the night here."

She rolls her eyes at this, "Yes, yes. Your trailer, your rules. Sleepy time at 11 pm if it's a school night."