71.

———————————————
I'll fix typos laterrrr✌🏼😜
———————————————

After Alexandra and the baby left, the doctor came in and told me the news—my spinal cord was damaged, and it meant I'd never walk again

After Alexandra and the baby left, the doctor came in and told me the news—my spinal cord was damaged, and it meant I'd never walk again. Hearing that, man, it was like my whole world shattered. I broke down right there. All I could think about was everything I'd miss out on: I wouldn't be able to do those father-daughter things with Destiny, provide for my family, make love to Alexandra. How was I supposed to take care of them like a man should?

I asked the doctor not to tell them anything yet. How was I gonna face this? How would Alex take it? We've always had this high sex drive, what if she walks away because of all this? But I can't let that happen. I'm determined to walk again.

Later that night...7:30p

"Hey baby," Alex greeted me, leaning in to kiss me softly.

"Hey sexy," I smiled back, feeling that warmth I always got from her. "Where's Destiny?"

"She's with Carlotta. I asked her to keep her because there's some things we need to talk about." Alex said lying down next to me in my hospital bed."

"How's everything going with the tour?" I asked.

She sighed, "I'm gonna see if Jahil can postpone the tour. I'm not leaving you."

I chuckled, "Alex, I'll be fine." She was silent.

I watched her turn her head away, her expression giving it all away. "There it is," I said, a bit more serious this time.

"What?" she asked, her voice a little unsure.

"That little line on your forehead. That something's comin' line. Tell me, give it to me straight."

"Ok," She sat up, her back to me, taking a deep breath. I could feel the weight of whatever was coming. Then, finally, she turned and looked at me, her eyes locked with mine.

"I'm pregnant, Derek."

Her words hit me like a truck

Her words hit me like a truck. I stared at her, my mind racing. Another baby? Now? With everything going on?

"Say something," she said, her voice barely holding steady.

"Wow." Is all I managed to say.

Alex turned her back to me again, her frustration clear. "Is that a happy 'wow' or a 'run for the hills' wow?"

I sighed, trying to find the right words. "Look, we just had a baby. I don't even know how I'm supposed to feel about this."

"Yeah, me neither," she admitted quietly as she slowly lay back down beside me, her voice softer now.

We were both overwhelmed, that much was clear. Another baby wasn't something we had planned for—especially not with me in this condition.

"A baby," I repeated, more to myself than her. Then I looked down at her "Listen, look at me." I waited until her eyes finally met mine. "Whatever we decide, I'm sticking with you. Ok?"

"Wow." She said kissing me deep

" She said kissing me deep

"Mmm, baby. There's something else I gotta tell you."

"What's up?" I asked, curious.

"Umm, everyone knows we're married."

"Really? I thought you wanted to keep it a secret because of your mother and the media?"

"Yeah, well, the doctors came out and told us things weren't looking too good for you. Miss Ruby tried to tell them she makes all the decisions, so I had to play my wife card."

"Good," I smirked, "'cause I was tired of keeping this secret."

She leaned in, kissing me again, the tension in her easing. "I love you, and I can't wait to bring you home to christen our new place."

She looked so happy, and I knew in that moment I should've told her the truth—that I was paralyzed, that I might never walk again. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Not right now.

"I love you too," I whispered, and she smiled, settling into me as she drifted off to sleep.

I stayed awake, staring at the ceiling, my mind racing. Wondering how we were going to get through this, how I'd manage with a new baby on the way. But despite all the fear and uncertainty, one thing I knew for sure was that our love was
solid. And we'd make it through this.

———————————————
❤️‍🔥Thanks for reading ❤️‍🔥
———————————————