junhyeok - oblivious

1019 words

-

you and junhyeok had been best friends since kindergarten. you both were always sticking to each other like a chewing gum, everyone in the school knew how close you two were.

and everyone in school clearly knew junhyeok had a big fat crush on you.

you who were extremely oblivious and dumb had no idea that he had a crush on you.

junhyeok had been wanting to tell you that he liked you so he decided to drop hints about who his crush was.

but knowing how dumb you could be, he figured out that even he gave out hints to you, you still couldn't catch who was it.

he actually told you that he had a crush on someone a few weeks ago but you had no clue who was it.

"i really don't know who you're talking about," you said as you and him were walking to his house after school.

you and him walked into his house. taking off your shoes, you both were greeted by his mum.

"hey you two, how's school?" she asked with a smile. you smiled back at her and said, "everything is fine, just junhyeok won't tell me who his crush is," pointing at him.

she looked at him and smiled mischievously, "you'll know who is it sooner or later."

she knew what's happening between the two of you. she even teased junhyeok for not confessing to you earlier, telling him that she only wanted you to be his girlfriend.

"i'll go and prepare for dinner, you kids should rest now," she informed before walking back into the kitchen.

"come on," he said, pulling you by your hand and led you to his bedroom.

after placing down your bag, you took a seat on the floor and leaned back to the bed, "who is she?" you whined, kicking your feet.

he sighed and rolled his eyes, he took a small blanket and threw it over your lap, "at this point, everyone knows it except for you," he said before seating next to you.

"am i really that dumb?" you asked, looking at him.

he nodded with a hum without any hesitation.

you glared at him as you slightly punched him on the arms. he rubbed on the spot that you punched him and said, "damn calm down woman, i'll give you more hints okay?"

you sighed and signaled him to start giving the hints.

"okay, she sings really well," he said, leaning closer to you.

you tilted your head in confusion, "is it sullyoon? she sings really well, i'm so in love with her," you said, eyes lightened up when you mentioned sullyoon.

shaking his head, he denied, "she loves the chocolate cake from our canteen."

"really? not everyone likes that chocolate cake, she have the same taste as me," you said as you slowly laid your head on his shoulder.

he sighed in annoyance, "she also likes that blue penguin sanrio character."

you slightly gasped at his words, "you mean tuxedosam? she likes that too? ooh we're soulmates at this point."

you and him continued with the hints, he was trying his best to not lose his cool in front of you.

through this time, he finally knew that you're really, extremely oblivious and dumb. he thought that you could at least figure out who was it but he's wrong.

maybe you're only just smart and quick at academics.

he finally had enough and grabbed your shoulder, looking straight at you, "it's you, y/n, i like you!"

you stopped talking and looked at him blankly, "oh," the hints he told you slowly coming into pieces, "OH," you nodded with your mouth wide opened.

you looked at him, smiling softly at him, "i like you too," you answered calmly.

he squinted his eyes in confusion, "why are you so calm?"

you thought for a second, shrugging your shoulders, "no idea but i do like you too, i'm not playing."

he let out a smile and opened his arms, signaling you to hug him. you went closer and hugged him with a chuckle.

"i'm really that dumb huh?" you asked, remembering the situation. he laughed, "maybe a little."

you both pulled back from the hug, smiling happily at each other. he pinched your cheeks, "we're finally together, i've been waiting for years."

"can i finally get to kiss you?"

you chuckled at his words, crossing your arms, "kissing right after we got together? aren't you a little bit impatient?" you joked.

he leaned closer and said, "well, it's easier for you to remember the anniversaries."

"kids, let's eat now!"

he groaned in annoyance, causing you to laugh at his behaviour. "come on, let's eat now," you said, grabbing his hand. you both stood up, you looked at him who's pouting because he couldn't get his kiss, you leaned in and left a soft peck on his cheek, "i'll do this for now hmm? come on," you said, walking your way to the dining area.

he was smiling like a kid when he received his kiss. he held your hand and intertwined it with his, giggling while walking down the stairs. you and him stopped when you saw his mum was setting up the table.

"mum!" he exclaimed, holding up your hand with his to show it to her. she smiled once she looked up from the table, "you finally confessed! i've been waiting for years," she said, walking to the two of you.

she hugged you and swayed side by side, "you're finally his girlfriend, my dreams come true," she mumbled. she pulled away and cupped your cheek, "tell me if he ever treats you badly, i'll teach him a lesson." you smiled and nodded, "sure, aunty."

"just call me mum, honey," she said before walking back into the kitchen. you both took a seat and waited for your mum. she came out with a pot of soup, placing down at the middle, she took a seat as well.

"thank you for the meal!"

"i finally don't need to hear him rambling about you, he was down bad for you-"

"MUM!"

-

idk how to end the story so i ended suddenly :( btw, did y'all watched the teaser for this week's road to kingdom, kyungjun got me :O i'm already excited for the stage since that's one of my favourite song <3

🎵 sad song by p1harmony