Chapter 7

(Gabriella's POV)

Everyone left to give me privacy to change, even though I have a whole closet to change in. I tried telling them this, but they waved it off and insisted they wait outside.

I could tell everyone was excited for my surprise,  although I didn't know why, if it really only applied to me. Unless it wasn't a material gift, but an experience. Honestly, an experience would be amazing. I've always dreamed of going to New Zealand.

I slipped on the red dress; the fabric was cool and smooth against my skin. I loved it. I could already envision myself wearing it everywhere.

No one told me to do it, but I quickly styled my hair into soft waves, and put light makeup on. I walked over to my floor length mirror to look at the final result, and it was fabulous. Feeling like I was floating, I walked across the room and opened the door.

(Jameson's POV)

The door opened, and out came Gabi. I felt the breath leave my chest.

The red dress hugged her body at all the right places, and from Gabs' mid thigh down, red silk flowed out around her, almost like it was enveloping her in a sea of red fabric. The sleeves were down on her elbows, exposing her collarbone.

God, she's so beautiful, I thought to myself, feeling the tips of my ears getting warm. I looked to my right subtly to see if anyone was watching me. Unfortunately, all three of my brothers were looking at me with a cheeky grin. Yes, even Grayson Davenport Hawthorne.

I looked to my left next, only to see Matthew glaring at me. That... is not good. I smiled sheepishly at him, shrugging my shoulders.

My eyes darted back to Gabs, and my breath left me yet again. I know if I continue looking at her, I'll want to take her back into her room and tell her everything, but it's impossible for me to look away. I'm afraid she'll be swept up by some evil force, and I'll never get a glimpse of her again.

Good thing Liam is nearby. He'll just shoot the damn thing.

(Gabriella's POV)

I moved my gaze to every person, one by one. Nash, Xander, and Grayson were looking at me with happiness. I'm like their little sister. Avery and Libby, the two girls I barely knew, looked at me in awe. Matthew had tears in his eyes, although I don't know why. I just hope he doesn't actually cry. He knows if he cries, I'll start crying, and that's the last thing I want right now.

Finally, my eyes made their way to Jameson Winchester Hawthorne. I studied every inch of his face, looking for his reaction. The first thing I noticed were his eyes. They were sparkling, almost like one night, he reached his hand up and stole the shine from the stars.

Next, I noticed his slightly parted lips. Almost like his breath was taken from him.

And maybe it was, because the next thing I noticed was his chest, moving up and down unevenly, as if breathing didn't come naturally.

Lastly, I noticed the tips of his ears were pink, and that pink was gradually moving down his face. Not like that red tomato kind of blushing. That soft, adorable light pink.

So many things run through my mind, all at once. All I want to do, none I have the courage to fulfill. I feel my own blush creep onto my cheeks, simply from the sight of Jameson. I bit the inside of my cheek hard, feeling a drop of blood on my tongue.

"Alright," Xander began, rubbing his hands together in excitement. "Let's get started." Before I knew what was happening, Matt did some weird, ballet and jumping move to get behind me, and slipped a red blindfold over my eyes.