Chapter 8

(Jameson's POV)

I watched Gabs as she gracefully walked with the others toward the room her party was in. My mind wandered back to a few minutes earlier. The intense make out session. The love marks. And...

If we hadn't been interrupted by Nash-- which I will be getting him back-- how far would it have gone? Clothes off? Or simple teasing? I wish I had thought to lock the doors. It probably wouldn't have helped anyway, Nash can pick a lock as well as the rest of us.

The love marks. Holy shit. If I have them-- which I know I do-- so does Gabs. I'm pretty sure I went harder, too. Matthew is really gonna give me a piece of his mind, because there's no way he didn't notice. There's no way none of them noticed.

I snapped back into the present, my eyes still on Gabi. She was talking to Avery and Libby, who were trying to act as if nothing had happened, and Gabs definitely wasn't pinned beneath me a few minutes ago.

All three of my brothers slowed their pace and walked with me, small smirks on Nash and Grayson's faces, but a huge, goofy grin on Xander's.

"How did this happen, Jamie?" Grayson asked me, amusement seeping into his voice. "There's no way you could have managed to get away from us on your own, even though you told us to go on ahead to do some last minute preparations. Who helped you?"

"I did," Nash told him. "But being the wingman doesn't mean I quit my brotherly duties." I smirked at him.

"Brotherly duties meaning interrupting an intimate moment?" I asked. Xander made a vomitting sound.

"Intimate moment," he mocked. "That's a hilarious choice of words, Jameson. Might as well say we were about to--" Xan didn't get to finish, because Nash tackled him to the ground, covering his mouth.

The three girls turned around, as well as Matthew who was walking right behind the three. Looks of concern donned their features, but they all relaxed when they realized it was just Nash and Xander. The combo was perfectly normal, since they were the ones who tackled the most.

My eyes immediately went to Gabs when she turned. I studied every part of her face, every part of her neck, every curve of her body. And God, is she beautiful. It takes all my willpower not to drag her back into my room and lock the door, putting as much effort as possible to keep anyone from coming in.

I studied every mark I made on Gabs' body, from the small ones on her jaw, to the most prominent marks on her sweet spot and right above her chest. She wears them like an accessory, like they were made for her.

So much willpower, I thought to myself. I didn't know I had so much self restraint.

I just can't wait for after the party.

(Gabriella's POV)

I wasn't looking at him, but I could feel him looking at me. I could feel him studying me. Him. Jameson Winchester Hawthorne. I know if I did look at him, his self restraint would disappear and I would be taken back to his bedroom to do goodness knows what.

Is it bad to say that I wanted him to?

Bad to say I no longer wanted to see the surprise?

Instead I wanted him?

The surprise.

"Aren't we supposed to be heading to... somewhere?" I asked softly. Seven pairs of eyes turn to me. "Weren't we going somewhere? Y'know, because y'all said there was a surprise?" My accent got thicker, and it was embarrassing. The Hawthorne's and Matt knew that when it got thicker, I got more nervous.