Things Happen

"For two will always be stronger than one, like a team braced against the tempest civil world.

And love will always be the guiding force in our lives, for tonight is mere formality, only an announcement to the world of feelings long held, promises made long ago.

In the sacred spaces of our hearts."

------

My lungs were screaming for air but I didn't stop, my legs were starting to ache in protest but I kept running.

I was sprinting in the soccer field, college wasn't due to open till two more hours.

Running was one of my favorite past times, I loved how my mind would go completely blank as I ran, I loved the numbing sensation I was left with afterwards.

After a few more laps I finally stopped, taking a minute to breathe.

"Sumali ka kaya sa track team?"

I screamed, my hand flew to my chest in shock, Caleb's amused face stared down at me.

"Jusko marimar!" I wheezed.

She chuckled, "I'm sorry, you were just so preoccupied eh, I've been standing here na watching you for the past ten minutes and you didn't even notice me."

"Pinapanood mo 'ko? Why?"

She winked,  "I like watching pretty girls run."

"Creep." I teased

"Were you following me or something? Pano mo alam na I'm here?" I asked curiously.

She shrugged, "I went to your house kanina because I wanted to talk to you but you weren't there so I figured you'd be here."

"Ha?"

She flashed me with her dimples,  "Mamaya pa naman yung class, come on, ice cream tayo."

------

"Walang nagbago dito ah." I observed as we entered the old ice- cream parlor.

I used to come here all the time.

"Two scoops of matcha po, topped with chocolate syrup." I told the server with a smile.