The Party

3 Year Ago

We finally reached the party.

I gaped out of the car window at the massive house, which looked more like a castle.

Max quickly got out of the driver's seat and opened the door for me, I, Miraya and Sadie were in Caleb's car behind us.

 I could hear the musk blaring loudly from inside the house, we made our way to the door and Max rang the doorbell.

 The door opened instantly, we were greeted by Danica Jayla.

 "Max! I'm so glad you made it to my party!" She squealed.

 Party n'ya?

My head snapped in Max's direction, I eyed her accusingly. She hadn't mentioned that the party was Danica's.

Danica's eyes squared on me and I didn't miss the small frown that appeared before she covered it with a wide smile. 

"I thought only you and Caleb were coming?" Her yoke was light but her eyes flashed icily.

"We changed plans, may problema ba? Alis nalang kami." She said casually. 

I could practically see the color draining from Danica's face, "No! Come inside! How rude of me. The more the merrier." She stepped aside to let us in.

Somewhere in the middle of the sea of dancing bodies Max and I got separated, I roamed around aimlessly for a while.

I wasn't exactly a party person, I was extremely awkward when it came to socializing and Max was the exact opposite. She was a natural people-pleaser, everyone loved her.

"Boo!" I jumped when I heard someone whisper in my ear

"Gago ka, Cal! Muntik na 'ko atakihin!" My hand clutched my chest.

She chuckled, ''Ay hehe, sorry, para ka kasing naliligaw e." 

I smacked her chest and pretended to be annoyed. 

She laughed again. "Ang ganda mo ah." 

"Sus, hindi mo 'ko madadala sa ganyan." I teased. 

I watched her eyes move as she read my lips, she smiled showing her perfect teeth in the process.

"I'm counting on it." She winked.

I was just about to respond when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I was surprised to Danica standing behind me, she gave me an uneasy smile and I raised my eyebrows at her expectantly. 

"Look I know I've been a real bitch to you and I just wanted to say I'm sorry, It's just that the past few months have been pretty hard and this whole high-school thing is pretty nerve-wracking. I don't exactly know how to deal with it."

I felt my anger ebb away.

"Okay lang, naiintindihan ko." I said giving her a warm smile as she smiled back.