Chapter 5 ♡

As the sun rose from beyond the mountains, its warm rays slipped through the wide window of the room, illuminating the cozy space. The golden light gently blistered on Akriti's eyes, stirring her from the comfortable embrace of her bed. She sighed as she stretched her arms, reluctantly emerging from her soft cocoon of blankets. The chilly breeze flowed through the slightly open window, sending a refreshing shiver down her spine. She slowly walked towards the window, her bare feet touching the cool floor, and leaned against the sill, taking in the early morning sights.

Small birds were hopping energetically on the grill, their soft chirping harmonizing with the rustling leaves outside. Akriti smiled at the simple beauty of the morning. The calm, serene environment of her room contrasted with the bubbling emotions inside her heart. As she gazed out, she noticed two birds sitting closely together on the grill, their feathers brushing as they huddled for warmth. The sight immediately reminded her of Jayraj, and a rush of memories from last night swept over her.

She closed her eyes for a moment, recalling the way Jayraj had looked at her, the warmth in his eyes, and the words they had exchanged during the party. The way he made her feel was unlike anything she had ever experienced. Her heart had fluttered with an unfamiliar excitement, and now, standing by the window, that same feeling crept back into her chest, causing her cheeks to flush a soft reddish pink. She bit her lip, trying to suppress the smile that threatened to take over her face.

The moment was interrupted when her phone, lying on the bed, blinked with a notification. Curious, she walked back to her bed and picked up the phone. Her fingers moved swiftly to unlock it, and her heart skipped a beat when she saw the message. It was from Jayraj on Instagram.

JAYRAJ : Wishing a beautiful morning to a beautiful girl <<3

Akriti's heart raced as she read the message. Her blush deepened, and she could feel the warmth spreading from her cheeks to the tips of her ears. She couldn't help but smile as she stared at the message, completely absorbed in the thought of him.

Before she could even think of what to reply, another message popped up on her screen.

JAYRAJ : Ab bas message ko dekhti hi rahengi ya reply bhi karengi?

She laughed softly at his playful teasing. The night before, after the party, they had exchanged Instagram IDs, and she had been eagerly waiting to see if he would message her. Now that he had, she felt both excited and nervous, unsure of how to respond.

Taking a deep breath, she quickly typed back.

AKRITI : Good morning

She hit send and immediately saw the notification that Jayraj liked her message. She waited for him to reply with something else, her mind already buzzing with anticipation. But instead of sending another message, he left the conversation on 'seen.'

Disappointed, Akriti turned her phone off and tossed it on the bed. "What was that?" she thought to herself, feeling a bit silly for expecting more. Maybe he got busy or maybe... her thoughts trailed off as she remembered she had a flight to catch back to Delhi. She had no time to dwell on it. Pushing her thoughts aside, she hurried to get ready, but her heart still lingered on the messages and the boy who had sent them.

---

The buzzing streets of Delhi were as busy as ever, even though it was a Sunday morning. The city never truly slept, and the sounds of cars honking and bikes speeding by filled the air. People were out and about, some in a hurry, others leisurely strolling the streets, savoring their weekend.

Adviti stepped out of her apartment, deciding to indulge in one of her favorite weekend rituals-having breakfast alone at her favorite cafe. She loved traveling solo, and the quiet time in her own company brought her a sense of peace.