Chapter Two

The next morning, Raven gets up early enough to bring Christopher to school. Today was her day off, but she had believed Cap would've called her in to replace Buck and Chimney. He didn't though, which was odd, but she figured he didn't because he knew her head wouldn't be in the right place due to Maddie missing.

       Raven headed home after dropping Christopher off at school. She lived next door to Buck, but she spent half her time at Eddie's, and a quarter of her time at Buck's. She sometimes thought about simply moving in with Eddie, but she felt like it would cause questions that would make the situation awkward.

       Anyhow, Raven headed up to her room and grabbed some clothes. She then went to the bathroom and took a shower, before quickly getting dressed. She was going to go to the hospital to check on Chimney, and possibly be there long enough to see Maddie come in, and Doug to be in jail.

       Once she was ready, she was able to head to the hospital

       Once she was ready, she was able to head to the hospital. She picked herself up a large iced coffee, as well as a banana nut muffin. She picked one up for Chimney too, and she just hoped he could eat it. If he couldn't, she'd have to figure out a way to preserve it until he could, or something along those lines.

"You're here bright and early." Chimney commented, when she entered his room.

"I told you I would be," She replied,"I just — I'm afraid if I stay home or at Eddie's, I'd miss when Buck brought Maddie back."

"I wouldn't let you miss it, Birdie," Chimney replied,"I would've found out a way for you to get here before she arrived."

"I might not have said it before, when I first heard that you had a thing for my sister," Raven smiled,"but I'm glad that you do. I'm glad that you're the one she seems to be into. If she had picked another one like Doug...I don't know what I would do. I'd probably beat the shit out of him, and forbid Maddie from ever seeing him again."

"You wouldn't be alone," Chimney chuckled,"The entire team would have your back. We never let our Birdie do anything crazy on her own."

"Which is exactly why Buck ended up breaking his arm when we were sixteen," Raven retorted,"You people just can't seem to get enough of me."

"You're so full of yourself!" Chimney exclaimed jokingly, and Raven pretended as though she was posing for a picture.

"I've got to be perfect, don't ya know?" She joked, and he rolled his eyes.

       A moment later, Dr Mike walked into the room. Raven had to compose herself, since she didn't want him seeing her act like a fool. She also didn't want to be seen drooling over him either, so if she sat composed and professional, she wouldn't wouldn't seem like a horny teenager.

"So, I see Miss Buckley has brought you some breakfast, have you eaten any of it yet?" Dr Mike asked, but Chimney shook his head.

"Haven't had a chance," He replied,"I've been too busy being bullied by Birdie to have time to eat."

"Liar!" Raven exclaimed, causing Chimney to laugh.

"Well, Miss Buckley, if you're going to be a bully, I might have to send you to deal with some of my rude, elderly patients." Dr Mike commented, making Raven scoff.

"Everyone believes Chimney, just because he's a cripple right now," She retorted,"As if I'm not bullied by him on a daily."

"Doctor Mike," Chimney grabbed his attention,"I take back what I said, she's not worth hanging out with. You could do better, maybe that nurse Mindy that's been following you around."

       Raven glared at Chimney, but Chimney simply smirked. He knew what he was doing, even if it resulted in him getting a punch in the arm after the doctor left.

"Nurse Mindy is married," Dr Mike said, "and I'm not really into her. Besides, I'm the doctor, so maybe I should make my own observations on this one, don't you think, Howard?"

       Dr Mike really didn't get much time after that, because his pager went off, telling him he was needed somewhere else. He said a quick goodbye, before heading off to do what he was needed to do.

"Every time I went to the hospital, I got some old guy or some woman," Raven groaned,"How do you manage to get a hot doctor?"

"I almost died." Chimney replied, though it was more of a question.

"So, I have to almost die to get a hot doctor?"

"Don't even think about it." He retorted, and she rolled her eyes.

"Y'know, you pull the fun out of everything." She replied, causing him to chuckle.

       For the next couple of hours, Raven and Chimney simply talked and joked with each other. While she was visiting, she recieved texts from Hen, checking in on Chimney while she was working. Hen was Chimney's best friend, and vice versa, so it wasn't really a shock that she was checking in on him.

       It wasn't until hours later, that Raven had gotten a text from Buck. It was the text she had been waiting for since the night before. Tears sprung to her eyes the moment she seen the text, and she was quick to read it out loud to Chimney.

"I just got a text from Buck," She said, "Maddie is alive; we found her. Doug is dead."

"Oh, thank god." Chimney murmured, a relieved sigh leaving his lips.

       Raven quickly got up and shared a hug with Chimney. She was so happy, she could've hugged everyone in that hospital, but that would've been weird. Chimney relaxed more as he hugged Raven, knowing that Maddie was alive, and both Buckley women he cared deeply about, one in a different way than the other, were both safe. He always worried about Raven like she was his little sister, and he really hoped that he and Maddie worked out, otherwise he was afraid he'd lose the closeness he had with the Buckley twins...