Chapter One

"Buck--"

"No! Please Birdie," He grasped her arms,"just stay with Eddie. I know you'll be safe, so I can go save Maddie."

"Fine," Raven murmured, feeling defeated,"Just please bring her back."

"I will," He nodded,"I promise, Doug won't get far."

       Raven watched as Buck left with Athena. She was scared for her brother, but she was more scared for Maddie. She and Buck had promised Maddie that it was safe, only for Doug to come out of nowhere and attack her. They felt like it was all their fault.

"C'mon Birdie," Eddie lightly tapped her arm,"Let's head home."

"Would it be wrong, if I chose to stay and watch over Chim, instead of going home with you like I had promised Buck?" She asked, causing the older man to chuckle.

"I'll come check on you in a few hours," He replied,"but if you change your mind, text me and I'll come get you."

       Raven simply nodded, before she turned and headed towards Chimney's room. When she walked in, Chimney gave her a small smile. He was trying to be strong for her, since he knew that she was just as worried as him, if not more worried about Maddie. Raven was such an important part of the team, and nobody wanted her to feel upset.

"I wasn't expecting you to stay." Chimney commented, causing Raven to shrug.

"I doubted you wanted to stay here alone," She replied,"We're both worried about Maddie, so we can just worry together."

"Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be so bad, I--" He was cut off, by a knock on the door.

       A moment later, a doctor walked into the room. The doctor was a very handsome, dark haired man. He looked close in age with her, but he could've been a little older.

"Good evening, Mr Han," He greeted,"I'll be you doctor for the night. So, if you need anything, just let the nurses know you're looking for doctor Mike."

"Just call me Howard, I'd rather not hear Mr Han," Chimney replied,"and nice to meet you doc."

"So, is he going to heal up okay?" Raven asked, though she already knew, she just wanted to hear the doctor talk some more.

"Yes, Howard will be fine. He'll need to take a few days off work, but other than that, he'll do great." The man answered, and Raven smiled.

       Dr Mike left soon after, and Chimney looked over at Raven with a smirk.

"What?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes.

"Doctor Mike is quite the guy, huh?" He teased, and she glared at him.

"Shut up," She retorted,"I can't help that you have a hot doctor."

"Maybe he's single."

"Chim, seriously," She scoffed,"A man that fine is definitely not single."

       While they were talking, Raven recieved a text.

  'Chris wants you home for dinner, I'm coming to get you now.'

"It seems my sweet nephew wants me home," She commented,"So, I guess I'll see you bright and early in the morning."

"Well, have a nice dinner," He replied, "and while you're gone, I'll talk to doctor Mike all about you."

"Good thing you're in a hospital, they can fix what I break." She retorted, and he snorted.

"Get outta here, I need my rest to recover." He joked, causing her to chuckle and shake her head.

       Raven headed out of his room, and seen Christopher and Eddie waiting in the waiting room for her. She headed their way, and the moment Christopher seen her, he walked over and wrapped his little arms around her waist.

"Hey buddy," She greeted,"How are you doing?"

"I'm good," He replied,"Are you ready for dinner?"

"Yeah," She answered,"What's for dinner?" She asked, as she walked between Christopher and Eddie.

"Dad's taking us out for pizza." He said, and she grinned.

"I've been wanting pizza for days," She commented,"It's like you read my mind."

       Christopher laughed, and Raven's smile grew just a little more. She loved hearing him laugh. Anyhow, when they arrived, Raven helped Christopher out of the car, and the three walked into the pizza place that Eddie had picked out. Raven was just happy to have a nice dinner with Eddie and Christopher, not completely feeling like she was dying because her sister was missing because of Doug.

       Meanwhile, Dr Mike went back into Chimney's room to check his vitals. He also wanted to give him a card for a therapist that he recommended, since he knew what had happened to Chimney.

"So, who was that girl sitting in here with you earlier?" Dr Mike asked,"Not that it's my business, she could be another girlfriend, I just--"

"She's one of my teammates, hence the matching outfit she wore with the rest of my team," Chimney replied,"and her older sister is my girlfriend."

"Good, I was just about to yell you that I seen her hugging a kid out there earlier, and I didn't want to make things awkward." He commented, and Chimney chuckled.

"That's her nephew Christopher, and the guy was his dad, Eddie. Eddie's on the team too. She, Eddie, and her twin brother Buck, are thick as thieves, so she's his aunt," Chimney said,"To make this less complicated, she's single."

"I-I didn't--"

"It's okay," Chimney chuckled again,"I know you're curious, and she thinks you're hot, so it's all good."

"It'd be unprofessional of me to really ask about her or anything." He commented, and Chimney rolled his eyes.

"I'm your patient, not her," Chimney replied,"and I can give you her number. She'd definitely like to hear from you."

       Without waiting, Chimney grabbed a pen and notepad from his bedside. He then quickly wrote down her name and number, before handing it over to Dr Mike.

"You can think about it if you want," Chimney commented,"or you can just do it and see what happens."

       Dr Mike didn't know how to answer him, but he felt happy. It had been a while since he met a woman who didn't know him from YouTube, and it had been even longer, since he talked to a woman who hadn't practically thrown herself at him the first chance she got. He really believed that this might be the moment he could actually get a nice girl, even if it just started out as friends...

×××××××××××

A/N: I had been planning this book for so long, it just happened to catch my eye when scrolling through my drafts though. I decided to finally start posting chapters for this story. I hope you guys like it!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx