Chapter Three

Raven waited by the doors, as Maddie was brought inside on a stretcher. She frowned when she seen all the blood, but she was relieved that her sister was alive. She was secretly relieved that Doug was gone for good, so he could never bother Maddie again.

"Maddie!" Raven cried, as she quickly walked over to Maddie's stretcher.

"Birdie," Maddie cooed,"I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm so happy you're okay." Raven said, and Maddie smiled.

"Let's get her to a doctor to be stitched up, then you can spend more time with her." Hen commented, causing Raven to nod.

       Raven actually felt a little more relieved when she seen Dr Mike going to Maddie's room to fix her up. She trusted Dr Mike, and she knew he'd help Maddie without messing up. Raven stayed outside of the room, and the moment Dr Mike peeked his head out to tell her she could go in the room, she practically barged right in.

"Your sister will need a few days to recover," He said,"and I highly recommend seeing a therapist, because of everything that happened."

"I'll be okay." Maddie murmured, and Dr Mike frowned.

"I'll talk to her," Raven commented, "thank you doctor Mike."

"Come find me if you need me." He replied, giving Raven a smile, then left the room.

       Maddie looked over at Raven with a smirk, causing the girl to blush.

"So, I'm gone for one day, and you're shaking up with a doctor now." Maddie said, making Raven roll her eyes.

"No," Raven replied,"He's Chimney's doctor, so I just know him."

"Uh huh," Maddie smirked,"I'd believe that, if you both weren't smiling at each other like idiots."

"You can't talk," She retorted,"You and Chimney are disgustingly flirty."

"Whatever," Maddie rolled her eyes playfully,"Can I ask you a favor?"

"I guess," She answered,"but I'm not delivering self-proclaiming love letters between the two of you, if that's what your going to ask."

"No, you psycho," Maddie voiced,"I was hoping you'd help me go and visit Chimney in his hospital room."

"Fine," She replied,"but you've got to stay in a wheelchair. There's no walking around for a couple of days because of the stitches."

"Okay." Maddie murmured, giving her sister a smile.

       Maddie had always been the one to look after Raven, so seeing Raven so caring and careful made Maddie happy. She had missed so much in Raven's life because of Doug, but she wasn't going to allow that to happen again. She wasn't going to miss out on anything else when it came to the the twins. As they left the room, Dr Mike happened to be passing in the hall.

"Runaway patient?" He asked, and Raven smirked.

"More like love-sick." She replied, causing Dr Mike to smile as well.

"Well, he's been asking about you," He told Maddie,"So, I think he'll be happy with your visit."

       Dr Mike then continued to walk down the hall, but before Maddie entered Chimney's room, she turned to look in the direction the doctor was walking.

"Call my sister!" She exclaimed,"The obvious flirting is disgusting to watch!"

       Raven glared at her sister, as Chimney laughed from his bed. She brought Maddie into the room and wheeled her up close to Chimney's bedside. Chimney was still stuck in the hospital bed, unlike Maddie, who was able to move around more than he could.

       Raven sat in the room for a while, listening to their little love-fest, but after awhile she couldn't handle it anymore. She stood up and headed towards the door. When they seen her leaving, they stopped her at the door.

"Where are you going?" Maddie asked, looking at her sister questionably.

"I'm headed to get food," She replied, "Are you guys hungry?" She questioned, as she leaned against the door frame.

"Starving," Maddie said,"I haven't eaten since before I was supposed to..." She trailed off, and Raven understood what she meant.

"Me too," Chimney added,"I already ate that muffin you bought me earlier."

"Okay," Raven nodded,"I'll grab some food for you guys while I'm there."

       Raven headed down to the food area of the hospital.  They referred to it as the "cafeteria," but there was more than just cafeteria food there. Inside of the hospital was a Starbucks, a Subway, and a Baskin Robbins. Raven looked around the cafeteria, trying to find what spoke to her the most. She just knew she was hungry, and she wasn't sure what she wanted.

       While she was looking around, she spotted Dr Mike fixing himself a salad at the giant salad bar. The salad bar looked amazing, but she was just not wanting a salad today. After a few minutes, she decided that she wanted Chinese food. She decided to grab Chimney and Maddie's food there as well, since she knew what they both liked.

       As she was paying for all of the food, she seen Dr Mike standing by the plastic silverware, waiting for her to come over. Once she had paid, she headed over and grabbed some silverware for herself, Maddie, and Chimney. She also grabbed a few napkins, since Chimney could be a messy person.

"Starving?" Dr Mike joked, as he smiled at her.

"I had to get Maddie and Chim food as well." She replied, chuckling to herself.

"Chim?"

"His nickname is Chimney," She answered,"We all have nicknames on the team, and since my name is Raven, my nickname became Birdie. Actually, Maddie came up with that years ago, but she didn't really start using it until she came back to LA."

"I love your name, Raven," Dr Mike commented,"but Birdie is adorable."

       Raven felt her cheeks tint pink from his words. No other guy had ever made her feel this way, and she had barely known him for two days. He was Chimney and Maddie's doctor, and she wondered if it was even a good idea to try talking to him. For all she knew, he could've simply decided to be nice because she was worried about her family.

"Want a coffee?" Dr Mike asked,"I'm craving Starbucks."

       She smiled; maybe he was kind of perfect...