Break a mother's heart

Zolan = Chan
Lynx = Felix
Seyvon = Minho
Otto = Minho's father
Eira = Changbin and Minho's mother
Drystan = Changbin
Thaddeus = Changbin's father
Zayyan = Hyunjin
Ronan = Jisung
Syrex = Seungmin
Yann = Jeongin

____________________________________

1231, a week after Seyvon and Ronan parted ways

"Who's there?" Otto froze in his spot the moment he spotted with the corner of his eye a branch moving.

"Show yourself!" he searched for the closest thing to a weapon he could find and ended up pointing a broom towards the unknown enemy.

A delicate figure stepped out into the light and revealed her bejeweled crown upon her blond curls.

"Eira..." he lowered his improvised weapon and stared in utter disbelief at her. "What brings you here, your Highness?" he averted her gaze, knowing damn well he could still be influenced by her beauty.

"Otto, I'm glad to see you!" she broke into a smile. "Oh Lord, how have you aged! You look rather tired." She stepped closer to him with the intention of touching his face and reenacting the spark of their burned love. However, he flinched and shook his head. His poor heart couldn't bare the sight of her any longer. She aged, yet she was still flawless. He felt pathetic before her and moreover he was angered by her. By her courage to show herself after abandoning him and their child.

"Father, we need more wine!" Seyvon came into the garden to search for his father when he noticed the royal blood in front of him. He instantly bowed as his father had taught him when he was a kid to do whenever he would serve a duke or duchess. However, he had never seen a princess before. And he was quite intrigued.

"Is he..." Eira managed to ask while she stared in shock at the boy. He was a younger version of Otto. So alike that you couldn't guess who his mother was.

"Yes."

"What's your name, boy?"

"Answer to the princess, son." Otto sighed in disappointment and shame.

"Se-Seyvon. My name is Seyvon. Father, what does the princess do here? Shall I serve her?" he asked confused.

"Seyvon..." Eira smiled and cupped the boy's face into her palms. "Beautiful name. Suit you perfectly."

"Father?" Seyvon started to panic from the lack of explanations.

"Son, this is princess Eira of Atorvenna. King Arne's sister and duke Thaddeus's wife. The mother of duke Drystan, the aunt of prince Zayyan and princess Faye. And... and your mother."

Seyvon backed off and frowned at the strange woman in front of him. She couldn't be his mother. She couldn't. His mother was a brave strong woman that perished from a flu before he could even walk. That was the story Otto had told him endless times. How could say a princess out of all people had given birth to him? It was unbelievable.

"You are not welcomed here, Your Highness." Seyvon uttered, shocking both his parents. No commoner could speak such words to a royal and live. Yet there he was. Shamelessly giving orders to a princess.

"Seyvon, this is no way of talking to royalty." Otto tried to calm his son down.

"I couldn't care less, father! In my eyes she is nothing but a lying woman. You are not my mother! My mother couldn't raise me because she tragically died. That is the only reason I accept for why wasn't she here with me all these years. Do not dare come here on our little land and twist my father's thoughts! We may be poor, but we are happy. I do not need anything from you, royals! Leave us alone, would you?"