Anxiety, toss & turning in your sleep

The thunder claps again and Darius has to pry his sleepy eyes open to his lamp illuminated room. He's not awake in the night from a godforsaken nightmare. God no, that wasn't it this time. The repetitive ones that occur each passing night. It's the rain beating down on his roof and bedside window. It's loud. And when you were once on a dino infested island, everything's a bit too loud.

Apart from that, the whole house is silent. Quiet and still.

He checks the time from his phone on the desk next to his bed and sighs tiredly. He really needs to get some sleep. The lack of it was making him delusional thinking his bedroom door is opening from his peripheral vision-

Uh... wait.

He turns his head just a sliver, it is ajar. With a silhouette standing just outside. The thunder cracks again, brightening the room for just a small second, enough for him to see the figure as Kenji who jumps with the crack of the noise. Sheet and soft pillow tucked under his arms, close. Darius himself frowns. Caught off guard with his sudden presence in the middle of the night no less.

Darius decides to sit up, "Kenj?" He watches him stiffen then cautiously steps into the room. He's off... Now Darius can clearly see him under the little light of his bedside lamp. His shoulders are slouched and a panic is in his eyes. His smile tries to cover it. "Is something wrong?" He raises an eyebrow, tone calm.

"Uh," his fingers fidget with his smile turning to uncertainty,"I- uh, I don't-" the thunder interrupts his stammering words and Darius clearly sees his eyes snap to his window as he jumps. And that's all he needs to actually wake up. Kenji wasn't just off, he was undoubtedly afraid of the rolling thunders outside that keep cracking against the night skies.

"Yeah, Kenj, you can stay here." A nod is sent his way and his brows knot as Kenji goes around the bed, spreading his sheet on the fucking floor-

Darius stops him with a grip on his shoulder. Why on earth would he sleep down there? Did he not hear him?

Kenji's eyes wonder on the hand pressed on his arm and looks into chocolate eyes. It makes Darius loosen his grip, just a little. Silently he hauls the boy unto his bed. They don't say anything. Throwing his own sheet over him. They don't say anything. There's a slow pitter patter of rain at his window now.

They lay down facing each other. And Kenji just smiles. Albeit small but lightning makes it glow and he's surprised he doesn't react to the sound. It's silent after that. Comforting silence. He gets comfortable next to the boy. And they both fall asleep in the lamp enlightened room.

The title is from a song called 'Talk to Me' by Cavetown.