Page 9

I was bored and I did exactly what Daryl told me to do. He and Aaron went back outside looking for more good survivors. For me personally, I thought it was stupid. The people here are weak though, and they need actual people to survive. Before Aaron left he told me Carl's house was four houses down. Apparently, they had two houses but how was I supposed to know that?

I knock on the first door. 

A women with short greyish hair opens it. 

"Hello, do you need somthing?" She smiles. 

"Oh, uh is Carl home?" I ask awkwardly. 

"He lives next door, honey." She continues smiling. 

"Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Elle." I say holding my hand out. 

She shakes it and replies,"Carol." 

"Have a nice day." I lightly smile. 

"You too." She smiles one last time and closes the door. 

There was something about her, but I couldn't quite get it. She's friends with Daryl so she's probably alright. 

I turn to leave but then I see Sam running up to me. 

"Hi, Elle!" He says brightly. 

"Hey Sam." I smile.

"You know Carol?" He questions. 

"I just met her." I lightly gestured to her house. 

"Cool." He then sprints to the door, leaving me to continue next door.

I walk towards the next door. I knock and wait. 

A man with a stern look opens the door. I quickly notice that he's one of the constables of the community having a gun in his holster and all. 

"Can I help you." He simply says. He was nothing like his neighbor, very straight to the point. No smiles, just him. I could tell I would like this guy. 

"Yeah, is Carl home?" I say kind of cockily. 

"He is." He says not letting me in. 

"He told me I could come over." I slightly raise my eyebrow. 

Lie. 

"Huh, alright let's go ask him." He leaves the door open for me so I could come in, I close it and he stops by the stairs. 

"Carl!" He calls. He puts his hands on his hips, waiting. 

Carl comes walking done the steps but stops mid-way once he sees me.

"Elle?" He says looking slightly confused. 

"This girl says you invited her over." His Dad looks directly at Carl. 

Carl looks at me. I slightly widen my eyes telling him to go with it. 

"Oh right," he says instantly," I just didn't know what time you we're coming over and uh, sorry." He looks over to his dad to reassure him. 

I smile getting my way.

"You need to tell me next time, alright." Carl nodded and his dad just looks at me suspiciously. 

He starts walking away what looks like the kitchen. I follow Carl up the stairs and we don't make a sound until we get into his room. 

"What are you doing here?" He whisper-yells. 

I slightly laugh, "Calm down I'm just here to hang out." I throw myself on his bed still smiling. 

"Your Dad's a piece of work." 

  "He's just really protective." He states. "We've been here for a month but he's still always on edge." 

"He has the right to be." I say honestly. 

"Okay well lets see it." I say standing up. 

"See what?" 

"You're gun?" I say obviously. 

"Oh, I'm-"He tries to finish. 

"Ding-Ding-Ding!" 

"We have  a winner!" I pronounce. I look at him with a light sarcastic smile. 

He goes over to his drawer and pulls out what looks like a hand gun.

"Nice." I say almost dryly. He hands it to me and I hold it examining it. 

"I have a silencer too." I pretend to fake shoot it.

I give it back to him and head towards the door. 

"Where are you going." He asks.

I look back at him confused, "Well I didn't come here to look at it, I came to watch you shoot."