Page 2

Daryl and Aaron 

"Daryl, I think we should go ahead and camp."

"No, look."

Daryl points to the girls from earlier who are setting up a fire. They see them talking but yet again they are two far to understand. 

"Look they're climbing!?" 

"Come on, let's get closer before they spot us."

It was dark and all they could see was the fire. The didn't dare to make a sound. It all unfolded after that. 

~

"Get up!" I said firmly. It felt like someone was watching us. There was something hiding in the brush.

"Ellie, there's nothing there." Said Karmen. 

"Yes,there is." I still say certain. I continue to point my gun. 

"Come on. Let's not do this now." 

Beth looks at me worried but we were all tired and we did need rest. 

"You're right guys," I smile,"let's go."

Lie.

I lie a lot. It's something that's always keep me safe. It was a tool that I've learned, and it's something that I'm good at. I never really lied to Beth and Karmen. I've actually taught them how and when. We all use it to survive. We would even change our names. It keeps us safe and out of trouble. Beth and Karmen are their real names but Ellie isn't mine. It's close to my real one but I still tell them not to use it. Tonight was a "slip up". We purposely like to give our name out,The Bandits, to people who need to know that we can't be messed with. So far we haven't been killed by it. But tonight might be the last time. 

The trees are good and branchy around us so we are able to sleep and continue to be safe in them. The dead can't climb and people don't even think twice about someone sleeping in a tree for some reason. I wasn't going to sleep though. I have to find the people who were watching us. I wait and hour on my branch until I slip down onto the quiet earth. 

I look around to see if the person is still around us. Nothing. I continue my search. I walk away from the camp and just several feet away I see a small glowing ember. I was way too far and I needed to get closer. I start running adrenaline kicking in. Two dead in front of me. I stop and for a while, attack and I continue to follow the glowing ember which is now getting bigger. There was a fire and I could make out two figures. One was sleeping while the other kept watch. I get closer and crotch right out side there camp behind a tree. 

The man sleeping suddenly awakes. 

"Daryl." He goes.

"Huh." The awake man says. 

"What they did tonight.." 

"It was smart." He simply said. 

"They had everything under control, it was scary even." He stated. 

"But they're still girls." 

Girls. They must be talking about us. 

"We have to be careful.. I don't think Deanna will be happy about this.."

Daryl is definitely not the weak one.

"I think we should take them." He said simply.

Now that I noticed Daryl had a cross bow. I have to play with that.

"Look, they're tough they could, they could teach the other kids back home a thing or two about actually living." 

"I don't know Daryl, they seem kind of psycho.."

"Let's just keep by and watch and then we can decide." 

The man nods and goes back to sleep. 

Interesting. We need more info on this place. They seem genuine, we could be safe.