Five Years Later

Five years had slipped by since Rohan and I exchanged vows on that unforgettable day, and our love had only grown stronger with each passing moment. Life had transformed into a beautiful tapestry woven with dreams, laughter, and shared adventures.

Rohan’s café, The Cozy Cup, had blossomed into a successful chain, boasting five locations across Delhi. Each café radiated the warmth and charm that had originally drawn me to him, now infused with the energy of our shared vision. Meanwhile, I had carved out my own niche as a social media influencer, showcasing Delhi's hidden gems to over 10 million followers. Together, we launched a food blog, "Dil Ki Dilli Delights," which quickly gained traction, drawing in over a million views as we documented our culinary escapades across the country.

Our passion for food has taken us on unforgettable journeys, exploring the diverse flavours and vibrant cultures of India. I was honoured to be awarded "Best Social Media Influencer" by the Delhi Times, while Rohan’s café made waves in the culinary scene, earning a coveted spot in the "Top 10 Cafes in Delhi" by esteemed food critics. Rohan had even travelled to Italy for culinary workshops, honing his craft and bringing back innovative recipes that delighted our customers.

Amidst our professional successes, I had completed my Masters in Marketing, equipping myself with the skills to elevate our ventures even further. We were determined not only to thrive but also to give back to our community. Together, we established a charity foundation aimed at supporting underprivileged children, ensuring that we shared the fruits of our labour with those in need.

On the personal front, we built a beautiful home in the heart of Delhi, filled with laughter and the pitter-patter of little feet. Our family grew with the arrival of our adorable twins, Aarav and Kiara, who quickly became the light of our lives. Rohan’s parents showered them with love and attention, while my own parents remained our steadfast pillars of support and guidance. Sanju continued to be my partner in crime, always ready with a plan to bring joy and excitement to our lives. Karan, as ever, stood by Rohan’s side as his business partner, our friendship circle expanding to include new faces and cherished memories.

One serene evening, as we sat on our balcony overlooking the bustling streets of Delhi, the sun began to set, casting a warm golden hue over the city. Rohan turned to me, his gaze steady and full of affection. “Avni, are you happy?” he asked, his voice tinged with curiosity.

I smiled, my heart swelling with warmth. “Rohan, I’m beyond happy. I have you, our children, and our dreams. What more could I ask for?”

His eyes sparkled with pride and love. “We did it, Avni. We built a life filled with love and purpose.”

Leaning into him, I felt the weight of the world lift away. “Forever and always, Rohan.”

As the first stars began to twinkle in the night sky, Rohan leaned closer, and our lips met in a tender kiss, a promise of enduring love and commitment. At that moment, it felt as if our love story had become a legend—a tale of two souls who found each other in the vibrant city of Delhi, where love knows no bounds.

Together, we embraced the future, ready for whatever adventures awaited us, knowing that as long as we had each other, we could conquer anything.