Business and Pleasure

The Cozy Cup hummed with the afternoon rush, the sound of espresso machines hissing and the chatter of customers filling the air. Amidst the chaos, Rohan and I sat at a quiet corner table, heads bent over notebooks and laptops, the creative energy between us palpable. The café’s warm, inviting atmosphere was the perfect backdrop for our brainstorming session, with the scent of freshly baked pastries and rich coffee swirling around us.

“Avni,” Rohan said, his voice cutting through the noise, his eyes gleaming with enthusiasm, “I’ve been thinking. What if we focus on showcasing Delhi’s street food scene? We could bring that vibrant, authentic experience into the café, but with your photography highlighting the real gems of the city.”

My heart fluttered at the idea, the excitement building. “I love it! We could take people on a culinary journey through the hidden treasures of Delhi—the places tourists might overlook but locals adore. We can show the heart and soul of the city, one dish at a time.”

Rohan grinned, and as he reached across the table to grab his notebook, his hand brushed mine. The touch was fleeting, but it sent a spark up my arm, making me acutely aware of the attraction that simmered between us. I quickly focused back on our conversation, trying to keep my thoughts from straying.

“So,” I asked, clearing my throat, “what’s the ultimate goal for this project?”

Rohan leaned back in his chair, his gaze thoughtful but still playful. “To promote Delhi’s street food culture, of course. But more than that—to bring people together. Whether they’re locals or tourists, food is a common language. And, naturally, to showcase The Cozy Cup’s commitment to quality and community.”

His passion was contagious, and as we discussed ideas, the connection between us felt undeniable. Our conversation flowed effortlessly, our shared vision for the project blending with the deeper, more personal bond that had been forming since our first coffee date.

As the meeting came to a close, Rohan walked me to the café’s door. The evening sun bathed the street in a golden glow, and the air felt alive with possibility.

“Thanks for all your input, Avni,” he said, stopping just outside. His smile was warm, his eyes filled with something that made my stomach flip. “You’re an amazing partner. I don’t know how I would have pulled this off without you.”

I smiled back, trying to suppress the flutter in my chest. “You’re not so bad yourself,” I teased.

Rohan chuckled, his eyes crinkling at the corners in that irresistible way that always made me smile. “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

As we parted ways, I found myself wondering—could this partnership between us stay purely professional? Or were the lines between business and pleasure already beginning to blur?

The next day, Sanju and I roamed the streets of Delhi, my camera in hand as we hunted for the perfect shots to capture the essence of the city. The colours, the textures, the vibrant life of the city—it all unfolded before my lens.

As we stopped at a chai stall, Sanju leaned over her cup, eyeing me with suspicion. “Avni, you’re glowing,” she said, a knowing smile playing on her lips.

I felt my cheeks heat up. “It’s just the excitement of the project,” I replied, taking a sip of my chai.

Sanju raised an eyebrow, her smile widening. “Or maybe it’s Rohan?”

I couldn’t help but laugh, the warmth spreading across my face. “Maybe.”

Sanju’s grin turned mischievous. “I knew it! You two are meant to be. There’s definitely something happening between you guys.”

I rolled my eyes playfully, though I couldn’t deny the truth in her words. “Sanju, focus on the project.”

But as we continued our photo expedition, my thoughts kept drifting back to Rohan. There was no denying that our connection was growing stronger with each passing day. And the truth was, I didn’t want to deny it anymore.

That evening, I met Rohan back at The Cozy Cup. The café had quieted down, the soft glow of the hanging lights creating an intimate atmosphere as we sat together, reviewing the images I’d taken earlier.

“These are incredible, Avni,” Rohan said, scrolling through the camera roll. “You’ve captured the spirit of Delhi perfectly. I knew this collaboration would be something special, but you’ve exceeded all my expectations.”

I smiled, my chest swelling with pride. “Thanks, Rohan. You’re an amazing collaborator, too. This project wouldn’t be the same without your vision.”

For a moment, he said nothing, his gaze lingering on mine as if he wanted to say something more. The world around us seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of us in the glow of the café’s warmth.

“Avni,” he said softly, his voice filled with a new, deeper meaning, “I think we make a great team. In more ways than one.”