Fifteen

"Hi, poppy." Troy said in a whiny voice as Trevon walked into the bedroom she shared with Rashad.

"What's wrong with my little girl?" Trevon asked.

"I puked three times already and it's not even noon." Troy cried.

"Oh, my baby!" Tiana exclaimed as she walked into the room with a bowl of chicken and rice. "Trevon, go get her a cool towel." Tiana sat down on the edge of the bed and smoothed down Troy's hair. "I made you your favorite chicken and rice."

"I don't know if I can keep it down." Troy told her.

Rashad walked into the room with his phone in his hands. "Dr. Kelly said that the ED isn't busy so if you wanna go then we can."

"I don't want to." Troy said.

"Baby, you can't even keep water down." Rashad tried to reason with her. "I think we should go."

"I agree." Trevon said as he handed Tiana the cool towel. "This is the third time you've been like this."

"Come on, we're going." Tiana said. She handed the bowl to Trevon as she stood up and pushed the covers off Troy. Troy immediately got up and ran to the bathroom to regurgitate once again. "I'm gonna get her dressed. Rashad, pack her a bag with her necessities. Trevon, get the car ready."

"Who made you the boss?" Trevon teased and Tiana hit his arm while Rashad laughed.

"Go do what I said." She told him.

-

"Is she okay? Should we come back?" True asked her mother through FaceTime. She just found out that they had to take Troy to the hospital, and now they decided to keep her for evaluation.

"She's fine. Enjoy your getaway." Tiana assured her.

"Okay, well—update us on what the doctor says." True said on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, baby doll." Tiana told her. "She's okay. We'll keep you updated. I love you."

"I love you too." True sniffled before they hung up the phone.

Nehemiah walked into the bedroom with two plates of eggs, beef bacon, fruit, and toast. He sat his plate down first before going over to True's side of the bed and handing her the other plate.

"I'm guessing your mama or dad called you." He said once he noticed the look on her face.

True sighed. "My mama did."

"It's gonna be okay." Nehemiah said, pecking her lips. "Shad said they are just gonna monitor her and the baby for about forty-eight hours."

"I know, but I wanna be there with her." True cried.

Nehemiah placed the plate to the side as he consoled True. "You want to call her real quick?" He asked and she nodded. Nehemiah took his phone out and FaceTimed Troy who answered.

"Hey, Miah. Hey, baby doll." She said.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" True asked.

"Just nauseous." Troy replied. "And before you say anything, stay your ass in New York until tomorrow. I'm fine."

Nehemiah laughed as True sucked her teeth. "Whatever." She said.

"Make sure yall have some sexy time." Troy whispered.

"Yeah, you're fine. We'll see you tomorrow." True said, making Troy laugh. They exchanged I love you's before hanging up the phone. Nehemiah went back into the kitchen and grabbed their orange mimosas before returning to the bedroom. "I wanna do this for Valentine's Day with all of us."