Saturday, October 8th, 1994

It was one of the first hockey games today, and we had to cheer on the sidelines for our very own special team. I really didn't feel like it at all today because I could see Lucas's smug grin all the way on the ice. If I had a hockey stick, I probably would have smacked it right off. Then I would have turned to Jenny and done the same thing. Instead, I was forced to participate in something I'm not passionate about anymore, and I hated it.

But Gary came to the game. I saw him in the stands with that girl that I had seen him with before. He hasn't told me who that is, but I couldn't believe it when I felt a little jealous to see him laughing hard over something with her. I nearly fell down when I saw that, and Caroline had a lot of choice words for me that she whispered underneath her breath with that big bright grin on her face, the one that dazzles the crowd.

I don't know why I still do this to myself. Cheer used to be something I loved. I loved the girls and the trips we took with each other. But now I feel like an outsider looking in. These girls don't include me in things. They don't smile at me anymore. I'm just someone on the team who doesn't belong.

Where do I belong, though? No where. I have no place for me, and I know it. And I hate it.

- Orchid, October 8th, 1994