part 17- New Beginnings and Hardships

(A/N: that's what his cane looks like btw)
...
"Come on, Tommy keep moving" said Ian as him and Arthur helped Tommy walk to the Garrison as quickly as they could, his sister Lorry following.

John opened the doors for them "Set him on a chair! John! Get me a bottle of Whiskey, a clean glass, and tweezers! NOW!" Ian commanded, as him and Arthur set Tommy on one of the many chairs in the pub, and Ian started removing Tommy's shirt.
"Giving me deja vu seeing you like this" Tommy said weakly before groaning "as you should, I took some bullets out of you before" Ian joked trying to lighten the mood, he knew what he was more referring to though.
As Ian looked at the wound he said "gonna need something to stitch it close..","I have a needle and some thread, figured if I was gonna be there to stop you foolish men I'd bring something to help" Ian smiled at her gratefully "thanks Lorry, don't know what I'd do without you","probably be 6 feet under" she joked making them both laugh lightly.

Ian leaned down to Tommy who was drifting in and out of a fuzzy state of mind from how much blood he had quickly lost, Ian held his shoulder as one of his hands lightly slapped Tommy a few times "come on Tom, stay with me..." Ian said quietly to him
"Ian...I'm so sorry" Ian gave a confused look before realizing what he could have been talking about.

It was either about not taking his word about Grace or getting Ian shot, he sighs "Tom-"
"Got it!" John came back with the things he asked "Hold him down" Ian said as he grabbed the tweezers, Jeremiah and Arthur held down Tommy as Ian leaned on one knee, his free hand holding his side, with tweezers in hand he went in to grab the bullet.

At first Tommy just groaned in pain before Ian started moving the tweezers making Tommy scream in agony.
Somehow that distracted Ian from his own pain in his shoulder.

Luckily it didn't take too long for Ian to grab the bullet and pull it out "got it" he dropped it into the clean glass before Arthur handed him the whiskey "have a drink" Tommy took a swig before handing it back "alright now take a deep breath" his brother said before pouring the alcohol onto Tommy's would making him groan at the burn.

Jeremiah turned to the taller brunette and said "Alright Ian, it's your turn" Ian sighed, with some difficulty he removed his wounded shoulder out of the sleeve of his shirt and Jeremiah cleaned the tweezers of blood "Lorry you alright with closing Tommy up" she nodded before grabbing the needle and thread and stood in front of Tommy.
He put his hands on his knees to hold himself down as Jeremiah put the tweezers in his shoulder making him hitch his breath before he winced in pain and his eyes shutting so tight he was confident he was going to have a headache after, he tried holding back his screams before it eventually became too unbearable.

Jeremiah eventually got the bullet out "still got the nack!" He said triumphantly, Ian took the bottle of whiskey from Arthur and did the same two things, took a swig and poured it on the wound.
Lorry was done with Tommy so she stitched Ian next.
"I got some raps you can use" said Scudboat "thank you" said Ian while he was still being stitched.
---

Everyone stood in the snug, on the table laid Daniel Owens.

Ian stood between Tommy and Lorry, his uninjured arm around Lorry in a side hug.
"Now we can bury him properly in the grave we dug for him" said John his voice was low with sadness "yeah..it's on a hill, he'll like that" said Tommy before he opened a bottle and raised it making a toast "to Danny Whizz-bang may we all die twice" he took a drink before passing it to Scudboat, John "to Danny Whizz-bang", Lovelock "Danny Whizz-bang", eventually it got to Ian as he took the last drink.