Morning encounter

...

It was early morning, the house still quiet, when you headed toward the bathroom. Your mind was on other things—perhaps the routine of the day or simply still waking up—when you swung open the bathroom door, not expecting anyone to be inside.

But there he was. Hyunjin.

Steam still clung to the air from his shower, swirling around him. He stood leaning against the sink, a towel slung low around his hips, his chest glistening with droplets of water. His shoulder length wet hair clung to his pale skin, framing his sharp jawline and accentuating muscles of shoulders and abs. Hyunjin was in the middle of running a towel over his hair when the door swung open.

"Ah, sh—" you muttered under your breath as your eyes went wide, completely unprepared for the sight in front of you.

Hyunjin looked up, equally surprised for a split second, but then the corners of his lips tugged into a mischievous smile as he noticed the flush on your cheeks. "Well, good morning to you too," he teased.

Your breath caught in your throat as you tried to stammer out an apology. "I-I didn't mean—" You could barely string the words together before you gasped, your face turning bright red. Instinctively, you slammed the door shut and leaned against it, pressing your back against the wood.

Behind the door, you could hear Hyunjin chuckle. "You act like you've never seen me shirtless before," he called out, his voice laced with amusement. "Although, I must admit, this is a new reaction." There was a pause before his voice dropped lower, teasing. "Like what you saw?"

Your heart pounded in your chest as the image of him, dripping wet and half-naked, replayed itself in your mind. "N-no!" you stammered, struggling to regain your composure, though the rapid beat of your heart betrayed you. You could still see him in your head, every curve of his toned body. You closed your eyes, trying desperately to shake the image from your mind, but it wouldn't go away.

Hyunjin's laughter came again, soft but full of amusement. You could almost hear the smirk in his voice. "Really?" he asked, clearly enjoying the effect he had on you.

Before you could respond, you felt the bathroom door open, and suddenly, he was standing in front of you. The towel was still wrapped around his waist, hanging low on his hips, dangerously low. His bare chest was just inches from you.

"Come on," he said softly, stepping closer, his voice teasing yet gentle. "It's not that bad. You don't have to be so shy around me."

You clamped your eyes shut and raised a hand between you, trying to block him out. "Woah, woah," you stammered, your voice shaky. "You're getting way too comfortable."

Hyunjin chuckled again, his breath warm as it brushed against your cheek. He didn't back away; instead, he leaned in even closer, his presence overwhelming, his voice a low murmur that sent shivers down your spine. "I like to think we're comfortable around each other," he whispered. "Besides, you're the one who walked in on me."

"I'm so sorry," you mumbled, every nerve in your body hyper-aware of how close he was. His scent—fresh, clean, with a hint of something darker—wrapped around you, making it impossible to think straight.

Hyunjin's fingers gently brushed your wrist, his touch light but firm enough to pull your hand away from your face. "It's... interesting, to see you flustered," he said, his voice low. "Open your eyes, Y/N," he murmured.

"N-no, it's... inappropriate," you muttered, still flustered, still unwilling to look at him.

Hyunjin's grip on your wrist tightened slightly, but not in a way that felt forceful. "There's nothing inappropriate between us," he said, his tone more serious now, that sent a wave of heat through your body. His thumb gently stroked the skin of your wrist, feeling your pulse race beneath his touch.