Cursed Connections

...

You swallowed hard, fear gnawing at the edges of your thoughts. "Why can't you just use your speed and get us out of here?!" you whispered back in urgency.

"Because I don't know how many more are with them," Hyunjin whispered just as softly, his voice filled with tension. "If I use my speed, I might draw attention to us—and they'll know I'm with a human. We need to be careful."

The rustling in the trees grew louder, and then, chillingly, it stopped. A low, mocking laugh echoed through the woods. "You smell that, love?" a cold voice called out. "There's a human nearby. Fresh blood."

Hyunjin's expression darkened instantly. His arms tightened around you protectively as he whispered urgently, "Pretend I'm feeding on you. Now."

"Wha—" you barely began to protest when Hyunjin's lips pressed against your neck. You gasped softly, your breath catching in your throat. He didn't bite you, but the feeling of his lips on your skin sent your heart racing. His grip tightened around your waist as his fingers gently intertwined with your hair, tilting your head to the side as if he were truly feeding on you. Your eyes fluttered shut as you parted your lips slightly, trying to appear as though you were lost in the sensation.

The other vampires approached, their footsteps slow and deliberate, drawing closer with every step. "Well, well," one of them purred, their voice dripping with amusement. "Looks like we've interrupted a little snack."

Hyunjin didn't flinch, keeping his mouth pressed against your neck. You let out a soft moan, remembering what Hyunjin had told you earlier about how some humans experienced pleasure when being fed on. You hoped the sound would convince the others.

Hyunjin tilted his head slightly, his lips stained with blood as he lifted his gaze to the approaching vampires. His expression was dark, menacing, and his voice carried an edge of danger. "Mind your own business," he growled, his tone threatening. "This one's mine."

The vampires exchanged amused glances, their eyes gleaming with mischief. One of them stepped closer, licking his lips. "Sharing is caring, brother," he taunted. "Let us have a taste."

Hyunjin's gaze grew colder, his eyes flashing with warning. His grip around you tightened possessively as he bared his teeth at the intruders. "I said, she's mine," he hissed, his voice low and deadly. "Touch her, and I'll rip your heads off."

The vampires chuckled at first, but one of them paused as recognition dawned on his face. His expression shifted from cocky to fearful as he stammered, "Hyun-jin...?" His eyes widened in shock. "Hyunjin from the Black Coven...?"

Hyunjin's face broke into a cold grin, his bloody fangs glinting. "So nice of you to remember," he said darkly. "Now, get lost before I change my mind and kill you both anyway."

The realization struck the other vampire as well. Their faces paled as they quickly backed away, their confidence evaporating. "Come on, let's go," one of them muttered hastily to the other, his voice shaking with fear. They turned and fled swiftly into the depths of the forest.

Hyunjin watched them disappear into the shadows, his arm still protectively around your waist. Once they were gone, he let out a sigh of relief. "They're gone," he whispered.

You opened your eyes slowly, relief washing over you as well—until you noticed the blood on Hyunjin's lips. Your heart skipped a beat as panic set in. Your hands flew to your neck, frantically checking for any signs of a bite. "Did... did you bite me?" you asked in a rush, your voice shaking.

Hyunjin let out a dark chuckle, releasing his hold on you as he stepped back. His eyes sparkled with amusement as he touched his lips, revealing the small puncture wounds where he had bitten himself. "Relax," he said with a smirk. "I didn't bite you."