Haunted By You

...

Your heart quickened as you hesitated in the hallway. The noise was faint, but unmistakable. Slowly, you approached your bedroom, a knot of confusion forming in your stomach. Why would someone be in there?

As you slowly pushed open the bedroom door, the pacing sounds grew louder. You peeked inside and saw Hyunjin walking back and forth, his face contorted with frustration. He was mumbling to himself, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. He didn't seem to notice you standing at the doorway.

"Hyunjin...?" you called softly, your voice filled with confusion. "Tae said you left..."

Hyunjin stopped pacing and turned to face you, his dark eyes narrowing as he took in your appearance. Your hair were still damp from the shower. His eyes were red, he seemed to struggle with something internally before speaking, his voice cold. "I did leave. But then I came back."

Your mind scrambled to piece together what was happening. "Are you... okay?" you asked cautiously, tilting your head as you remained at the doorway, unsure of how to approach him.

Hyunjin let out a low, humorless laugh. His hand shot up, running through his hair in frustration. "Okay?" he repeated, his tone almost mocking. "No, I'm far from okay." He looked like he was on the verge of a breakdown, and you could sense the tension radiating off him.

Before you could react, Hyunjin stormed toward you. In a flash, he had you pinned against the doorframe, his hands gripping your arms tightly. The suddenness of his movements made you gasp, and you found yourself staring into his furious eyes, his face just inches from yours. "You want to know what's going on?" His voice low, almost menacing.

Your eyes widened as you froze, caught off guard by the intensity of his actions. The words stuck in your throat as you waited for him to explain.

"I kissed you," he hissed through clenched teeth, his gaze flickering down to your lips as though the memory haunted him. "While you were sleeping. I kissed you, and now I can't stop thinking about it." His grip tightened, his body rigid with tension. "And it's driving me insane because I know I shouldn't have done it."

For a moment, you were too stunned to speak. His admission left you reeling. Hyunjin had kissed you? Without you knowing? Your mind tried to process his words, but all you could focus on was the way his hands were gripping you, almost painfully tight.

"Hyun..." you muttered, barely finding your voice. "You're... hurting me," you managed, glancing down at his hands, which were still clutching your arms.

Hyunjin's gaze darted down to his hands, and he immediately released you, stepping back as if burned. "I'm sorry," he muttered, his voice laced with self-disgust. "I'm losing control." He stepped back from you, his red vampire eyes glinting.

"Hyunjin..." you took a tentative step toward him, reaching out instinctively. You wanted to comfort him, to tell him it was okay, though the weight of what he had confessed hadn't fully settled yet. All you knew was that he was suffering right now.

He flinched at your touch, pulling back as if your hand was on fire. "Don't," he snapped, his voice shaking with barely contained rage. "Just don't. I'm not safe now."

You pulled your hand away, your concern deepening as you frowned. "What do you mean?" you asked softly, your voice filled with worry.

"Y/N," he snarled, his voice low and dangerous. "I'm a monster. I feed off blood, and right now, I'm so far gone with desire and anger that I could snap. I could hurt you. I can't control myself."

"And it's not just physical pain," he added, his eyes glowing brighter. "I could break you emotionally, mentally..." His words sent a chill down your spine, and you could see the struggle in his eyes. He really believed he could hurt you right now. "Don't let me come near you." He hissed as he disappeared with his vampire speed, leaving you alone in the room.