Chapter 9 : Oh, Calamity!

*Amelie's POV*

Mikey >> Me : Yo...

Me >> Mikey : What's up, Mikey? 

Mikey >> Me : What are you wearing tonight? 

Me >> Mikey : Gotta wait for it, Mikey c:

Mikey >> Me : Auuuugggghhhhhh

Mikey >> Me : Fine. See you there c: 

Me >> Mikey : Ok c: 

I put the phone down before smiling. Time to get ready. I walk to my closet, opening the closet doors before turning on the light. There was a variety of colors in the closet, ranging from black, to grey, to charcoal. Well, basically it was just black. And some red, dark green, purple, and blue spaced around in it. I hope this party doesn't involve bright colors on the dress code. 

I pull out a pair of black skinnies, a pair that have never failed me whenever I needed to go out. Ones that look amazing. 

Next, I pull out a black tank, simple black without any tears or anything. 

After that, I pulled out a army green button up, one that, like the jeans, were reliable. I loved this outfit. Plus, Mikey hasn't seen it. 

Wait.

Why. In the hell. Am I caring about what Mikey would say?

Is this what I think it is?

Attraction? Liking? Love?

*

*Mikey's POV*

I closed the text session before flopping onto the bed again. She wasn't going to tell me. 

To be honest, I kind of like it to be a surprise. 

The more of a surprise it is, the happier I will be.

And everyone loves a happy Mikey.

I walk into the bathroom, looking myself in the mirror. 

Let's do this, Michael. Get yourself the girl. 

Oh, I will. 

*

*Calum's POV*

I sit on the couch, everything set up for the awaiting party. 

The one where I get the girl that Mikey's been after. 

Again.

I did it with Vanessa. 

And I'll do it with Andee. 

Wait.

That's not her name. What's her name...Lacy? No...Amelie! That's it. Amelie. I'll do it with her. 

Nobody can resist Calum Hood, extraordinaire. 

Not even Amelie.

*

*Amelie's POV*

I take a shower, shaving and washing my hair, making sure it would look as good as possible. I climb out, wrapping a towel around me before looking at my hair. It was wet and tangly. Perfect. I grabbed my hair dryer from a drawer before plugging it in and drying my hair, making sure it was completely dry. I then run a brush through my hair, taking out the major tangles. It would be useless to brush it out completely only to get dressed and then mess it up. I walk back into my room, taking off the towel and putting on a bra and panties. I don't know why I put on the best ones I have, but I did. I grabbed my phone and put my playlist on random, The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver  by All Time Low coming on. I haven't heard this song in forever, but I remember the lyrics so well. 

You're the snake hidden in my daffodils when I'm picking flowers
That's just my luck these days
Why can't you just be happy for me?
You're the brake lights failing as my car swerves off the freeway
It kind of feels like sabotage
Why can't you just be happy for
Why can't you just be happy for me?

Preach, Alex. Preach.

My phone glitches for a moment before playing Oh, Calamity! by All Time Low. This has to be one of my favorite All Time Low songs, along with Kids In The Dark, So Long, and Thanks For The Booze and a couple others. 

When I was younger I was certain
That I'd be fine without a queen
Just a king inside his castle
With an ocean in between
Now all I do is sit
And count the miles from you to me
Oh, calamity

I slip on the jeans, singing along with Alex. I go to put on the tank before changing my mind and replacing it with a nirvana shirt. I needed something more...eye-catching. I slip on the button up before sitting on the bed and putting on my converse. 

Outfit : check. 

Next, makeup and hair.

I apply cherry red lip gloss and simple winged eyeliner before curling parts of my hair and straightening others, making my hair have more dimension and more depth. 

I step back from the mirror, looking at the creation I've made. Not bad, not bad. I think Mikey would like it. 

Speaking of Mikey, I glance at the clock, seeing 8:45. Shit, I need to go.

I look at the message that Luke sent me, the one with the address to Calum's house. He didn't live that far away...I think. I grabbed my phone and slipped it in my pocket before walking downstairs, seeing mom sitting at the table, phone in hand texting someone. Of course. 

"Hey, mom." 

"Yeah, hun?" She says, not looking up from her phone. 

"Can I get a ride? I need to get to the party." 

She looks up before laughing for a moment. "Of course." She grabs her purse before walking out to the car, me sitting in the passenger side. "Where is it?" 

I show her the address, her smiling before she drives there, mumbling about how it was a school night and that I shouldn't be going. But then she started mumbling about how she partied in college and she wasn't going to say no about it. 

As long as I can go.

And see Mikey.

And go.

We pull in front of a house, one that apparently already had people there. I glance at the clock, seeing 9:10. Shit. I'm late.

I thank her before she pulls away, and I walk inside. Being lost in the crowd. 

*

*Mikey's POV*

I got to the party at 9 exactly. I wandered the place, seeing everyone from school there, even some people that I didn't recognize. This was going to be a big one. I saw everyone, but one person. Where was Amelie? Time passed and thoughts began to cross my mind. 

What if she didn't come?

What if she's not coming?

What if she doesn't like me?

What if she got hurt along the way?

I mentally slapped myself before rubbing my face.

Mikey, she would have told you. She's coming. She will be here. Stop worrying yourself. It isn't good for you. Do you want Calum to get her? 

No...

Last time you thought this way, you lost Vanessa to Calum. Don't think this way. Assert dominance over Calum, and claim her to be yours. And only yours. 

As soon as the voice quiets down, I look up, seeing someone fighting through the crowd. As soon as I saw the hair color, I knew who it was instantaneously. 

Amelie. 

*

*

Here it is, finally! I had a minor case of writer's block for a while there, but it's done! A couple more chapters left, and then its all done-zo! 

I've got Pizza!!! :D 

Comment your skypes and I'll add you c: 

DashingZiggy