Chapter 6

10 years ago...

"Ugh, so BORING!"

In a park, a young Mykhail was busy tossing rocks into a nearby pond, sporting an annoyed look on his face.

He picked up another large rock, attempting to skip it.

"Why is everything so dull?" he wondered, sighing. "I try to play sports with some kids at the park, and they don't even want to compete!"

As he skipped another rock, he noticed a green-haired girl creeping up behind him and hiding behind a bush.

"Hello...?"

The girl peeked her head out, giggling. "Aww, how did you spot me?"

Mykhail stared at her with a less-than-impressed look. "...Because I'm not blind?"

She stepped out of the bushes and held her hand out. "My name's Kumiko! Nice to meet you!"

Mykhail rolled his eyes and shook her hand. "Cool."

"What's your name?"

"Mykhail."

"Nice name!"

She noticed the rock in his hand. "What are you doing with that?"

He skipped it across the pond. "Nothing. Nothing at all."

She tilted her head to the side. "That looks fun! I wanna try!"

He shrugged and handed her a nearby rock. "Go ahead. Just flick your wrist and BOOM."

She tried to skip the rock, but she ended up accidentally throwing it into the middle of the pond. "Wow! Almost got it!"

Mykhail slapped his forehead, sighing. Kumiko picked up another rock, launching it across the pond this time.

Mykhail casually took a rock and effortlessly skipped it across the water. "See? Not that hard."

"I can do that too!"

"Yeah, sure you can."

Her rock ended up in a tree, almost getting a laugh from Mykhail. "Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to the playground now."

She gently grabbed his arm. "Wait, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?

Kumiko smiled. "Let's be friends! I'm sure we'll get along well together!"

Mykhail appeared a little confused. "That's...fast."

"We can do so many things! Let's follow our dreams! Let's explore the world! Let's do anything we can imagine! What do you think, Mykhail?"

He paused for a moment, giving it some thought. "Well...I guess it couldn't hurt, this world is already bland enough."

She jumped up and down. "Yay! This is gonna be AMAZING!"

Then she grabbed his hands. "I have someone else for you to meet as well! You'll love him!"

"Wait, I thought that it would be just you and me—-!"

Just then, a light-skinned boy walked out of the bushes, nervously looking at the ground. "Hi...my name is...Kiran."

Kumiko waved him over. "Here, Kiran! Meet Mykhail! He's gonna be the third member of our trio, starting today!"

Mykhail looked between the two, a shocked look crossing his face. "Aww hell..."

Present Day...

Kumiko slowly opened her eyes, but to her surprise, they couldn't see anything. She could hear a couple of voices around, and the beeping of machines, but she couldn't tell where she was.