Chapter 3

As the day went on, Mykhail anxiously waited for his costume to arrive. He watched movies, played video games, and also examined the mysterious sword in his room.

After a few hours, he walked up to his broken window, sighing.

"Great, now I've got to use the rest of my money to fix this."

As he stepped away, he heard a noise coming from outside. "Mykhail! Hi, Mykhail!"

"Kumiko?"

She was standing outside of his window, waving at him. "Hi! Glad to see you made it home!"

He nervously rubbed his head. "Yeah, I don't even know how I got here, but no one got hurt, right?"

Kumiko nodded. "Wanna come and help us help more people?"

He snuck a glance at the comic book before turning his attention to her. "Yeah...sure...why not."

To his surprise, she didn't even question the broken window.

"Don't worry, Kumiko," he thought. "Once I become a hero, you'll recognize every little detail."

Not long after, he was dressed and walking the streets with Kumiko. The same people from yesterday were outside, doing their usual tasks.

And just as Mykhail thought, Takehiro and Kurumi were waiting for them on the same street as before.

"Hello, guys!" Takehiro greeted. "Ready to help some more neighbors?"

"Yeah!" Kumiko replied.

As they set off, Mykhail's head began to feel a bit odd, but he shook it off and tried to keep pace with the group.

As they walked, Takehiro pulled out the task list again. "Ms. Miyazaki is next! She needs the neighborhood pool cleaned, so let's help her out with that!"

"Yeah!" Kumiko and Kurumi said.

They headed down a couple more streets, greeting neighbors as they walked past. Soon, a public pool came into view, with tons of kids standing by it. As the group got closer, they saw a middle-aged woman in the middle, and when she saw them, she waved.

"Hello, hello!" she greeted. "Nice to see you all!"

"Hi, Ms. Miyazaki!" Takehiro responded. "We're here to help clean the pool!"

"Great! I'll get you guys some equipment! Take your time!" Ms. Miyazaki stated.

She left and entered a nearby office, and when she came out, she had cleaning equipment in her hands. "Here you guys go! Kids, let's step back and let these nice neighbors work!"

All the kids immediately backed away, smiling as they watched Takehiro examine the equipment.

"Okay! Let's give each other equal duties!" Takehiro suggested. "I'll clean the bottom, Kurumi, you can clean the left, Kumiko, you can do the right, and Mykhail, you can retrieve all the trash—-!"

WHOOSH.

When the group turned around, they saw the entire pool was spotless, and Mykhail was standing next to it, his shirt off and his entire body wet. There was a giant bag filled with trash next to him.

"Oh...did you say something, Takehiro?"

Everyone around looked from the pool to Mykhail, confused.

"Mykhail?" Kumiko called out. "Did you clean that giant pool all by yourself?"

Mykhail awkwardly looked away. "Well, it's not THAT big. And it wasn't that dirty, so, I just did a little clean-up while everyone was talking."

Everyone continued to stare at him, but he simply grabbed the bag and set it next to Ms. Miyazaki. "Here you go."