Chapter 2

“You okay?” the girls asked holding on to my hands from both sides which I smiled at them and nodded.

  If I was ask to write a speech about my siblings, I would write in capital letters brilliant, they are only 10 years and they are in Jss 3 like how?

  The trip to their class was short and in no seconds we were there, I watched them take their seat before proceeding to the bathroom. I do not have morning class, so I will be spending my morning break in the bathroom… with my head down I made it to the bathroom and no matter how I gag to force the bile out it doesn’t come.

  I sat down on the floor and let the tears out without making a sound not even a whimper made it way out of my mouth, I’ve learned to keep my pain to myself in the most possible way ever, my mom was a workaholic and is always stressed and Mr. Hudson mother isn’t making life any easier for her so, her angers are pent up… whenever she looks angered when she gets back from her place especially, me and the girls know not to cross her path, well and when I told her about what her husband does to me, she doesn’t believes me, didn’t ask him or even try to investigate the matter, she just straight out reject me like an evil spirit that she was casting away in a church and insulted me in ways that I look and in ways that I do not, insulting me to the point of comparing me to my father, calling him all sort of names.

  I didn’t give up though, I couldn’t tell my grandparent of it, I mean my own dad didn’t even try to fight for his ‘girlfriend’ so telling them about it was a no go area… or I was scared they would criticize me and they would hate me. So I went to the devil’s mother and reported to her of what her son did to me, and I wish I hadn’t because a family meeting was called upon on me. My mom was embarrassed the most, she had to endure all the insult for the rest of that year, when they left, my body tasted what my tongue hasn’t… she beat shege commot for my body on top justice wey I want. And my punishment was to wash the plate that the help could have washed…it didn’t stop there, Mr. Hudson also came to my room that same night after my mom already came to treated my wounds for me, well I wished I could have fainted but I didn’t.

  The next morning I had bruises in my neck and I couldn’t walk because I sprained one of my ankle, which was understandable because Mr. Hudson said ‘bad boys deserve to be punished, and I was a bad boy’ I wished for death that night, I wished my mom could have aborted me when she discovered she was pregnant with me, as a kid I wondered why I was thinking of such things. He didn’t show mercy and he was brutal, he spanked me to the point I couldn’t sit for days and he tied me to the chair in my room, I sprained my ankle when I felt something hot pour on my skin, I didn’t know what it was but with the smell I guessed it was candle because I was blindfolded, I wanted to run at the pain it caused me, I heard my angle bone made sound before falling to the ground, I wanted to shout but it all muffled in my throat… I felt helpless that night I was scared to death.

  My mom took me to the hospital thinking I was injured from the beating she gave me the night before and the doctor kept asking if I was okay, I wanted to say no but then I heard Mr. Hudson voice in my head warning me to never tell anyone about it if not what happen that night will only be the tip of the ice bag.

  I didn’t know how much time I spent in the bathroom in self wallow, I only heard from the intercom the principal calling me to come to her office, with a sigh I stood up from the floor and take out the small deodorant and sprayed myself and I started my journey to the principal’s office, it wasn’t a long walk but I took my time not because I was trying to be disrespectful but because I was exhausted. I knocked on her door and she told me to take a sit while she go through whatever she was looking into, I was not even in a hurry to leave, so she can as well just keep looking down on her book for the whole year while I sit here and think of the shit I’ve been through. My dream varnished before my eyes as she close her big textbook in one go, I didn’t bother to look up, I don’t act like I’m okay or I’m not okay, I don’t have friends, I don’t do group assignment or mingle with anyone, the last time I made a friend Mr. Hudson won’t shut up about how I’ve start neglecting my studies and my siblings so I was made to cut tie with my friend I was moved to another department, I was in art department for fine art before so I was moved to a science department for medicine, then I was in Jss 3, it was really hard catching up with them, suspecting that I didn’t cut ties with my ex friend, Mr. Hudson would come to school unexpected to check up on me and give me lunch money.