Chapter 4

Mr. Hudson has traveled. That doesn’t mean I am still not troubled, I am still scared of what he would do once he comes back.

  “Oh c’mon! Dessie, we should go out…!” Yvonne whined, Yvonne is out going, likes to be free and Yvette only follows her to… protect her… That’s what she said she’s doing whenever she follows Yvonne around.

  “No, we are not going out and please stop calling me that ludicrous name…” I replied not moving. I do not like going outside, it makes me feel insecure, makes me want things that are out of my reach.

  “It not ludicrous!... it is actually a good name… I’ve always thought of a nickname to call you but can’t find any but this one is quite good, doesn’t sound weird” Yvette said from the floor where she is sitting or lying… don’t know.

  “It doesn’t make sense and I don’t want you guys calling me that” Mr. Hudson will lose his shit and he will lose it on me, if he catches them calling me such and will want to know how I got the name and… just everything will be out of my control.

  “Ok-”

  “We will only stop if you take us out for a walk!” Yvonne interrupted Yvette bringing up a deal.

  We indeed left the house in our casual wears, Yvonne refuses the driver’s offer in taking us out to wherever we want to go, we live in an estate… Mr. Hudson owns it.

We walked around like a hopeless kids looking for shelter… or I did. And Yvette wanted us to visit the library which is out of the estate, and we went, I was only following them with Mr. Hudson filled in my mind. He didn’t say anything to me and it killing me.

   What if he has change?

  What if he… he has found someone else who he is doing ‘It’ with… maybe an adult this time… and he finally leaves me alone… that would probably happen in a dream-

  “Brother, dad’s calling” Yvonne whispered passing me her phone

  “Why? Did you tell him we are outside?” I whispered back dreading to take the phone thank God it on silence.

  “You know even if I don’t tell him, he already knows especially since we didn’t take the driver or any adult along…” she whispered though her eyes focused on the comic book in front of her.

  “Dad is overprotective of us… We are talking about Hudson here” Yvette whispered and we all stared at the cell.

  “I’m not picking that!” I announced first a little too loud making eyes fall on me. I quickly buried my head in my book hiding away from their wandering eyes.

  And none of us picked the call until it ended. We all sighed maybe a little too quick because it start ringing again.

  As the eldest, I took the phone to a secluded area where I won’t be questioned even worse sent out. I do not want to pick the call but if I don’t pick it, knowing that he knows we are not at home might make everyone get the wrong idea and that will surely get me into trouble. With a deep sigh I slide the green button…

  “Good day sir” I said… didn’t know what to say. There was a rumbling sound from the other end and no reply so I just wait like an idiot.

  “Why didn’t you pick the call the first time?” He said annoyed even more furious

  “We were inside the library and the phone wasn’t with me” I said with my trembling voice… he does not approve of me going out.

  “You guys are outside?!” he yelled like he didn’t know before making me distance the phone from my ears and the phone disappeared from my hands, someone snatched it from my hand I turn 360 before coming to face with Louise with the phone in her hand looking from the screen to me and she placed it on her ear… this is why I don’t fancy her! She makes me react slow.