CHAPTER 3 : A BLUSHING MESS

I came outside with my brother. I saw Ruan waiting for me patiently and as soon as he saw me, he got up and looked at me up and down. His eyes then went to my brother and he asked him " Is Lex okay? " " Why do you care anyways? " Asked Felix. 

Ruan then replied, " I told you I'm her friend, now tell me, is Lex okay? " " I'm okay Ruan..." said Lex, trying hard not to smile. " I know that reaction, what's up? " Asked Felix suspiciously. I just looked at him and turned around, " you can let go of me now, eugh " saying that, I walked to my classroom and took a seat. "Ungrateful b___" said Felix as he walked off. 

While Ruan stood there, confused. "I guess I better get to class" he thought and awkwardly turned around and walked straight to class. Class started and Ms Berey, our homeroom teacher walked in. " Good Morning! " She said enthusiastically. Everyone greeted the teacher. " I graded your papers, and according to the grades I'll assign you tutors " said Ms Berey. 

Everyone nodded and the teacher started to call out the students names. The students should stand up when they're name is called out. "Gaby, Harry, Fiona, Lex,Andrea" continued Ms Berey " I know most of you are new to this school but even though you are I'm gonna assign you tutors to level up your studies. "

 I was annoyed, " I tried! " I thought. " Okay, for Gaby, it's gonna be Dian. Harry, it's gonna be Sam. Andrea, it's gonna be Mark. Lex, it's gonna be Ruan. " Said Ms Berey. " YES YES YES YES YES " thought Lex.

 Ruan looked at me and smiled, butterflies erupted in my heart and I couldn't balance myself. "M-mam?" I called out. No reply... "Excuse me, mam?" I called out again and she looked at me and asked " Yes Lex? " " Can I sit down? " I asked stuttering like a two year old. "Of course, yes, Sorry guys I totally forgot" said Ms Berey, chuckling.

 "Everyone can go to their reading place and get started" saying that, Ms Berey left the class. Ruan slowly walked towards me and asked "Where shall we sit?" I just looked at him, shocked, shy, scared, nervous, almost all emotions mixed. 

" We'll uh...we'll sit at the library " I told him. We walked towards the library together and sat down at a table. He started teaching me some math problems. " I'll give you some questions and you try them out in your notebook, okay? " He asked. "Sure" saying that, I started solving the problem. I felt a hand on my cheek. 

Ruan tucked my hair behind my ear. " Finish it quickly, I was thinking to hang out with you for a while " he said. I was shocked, nervous, scared, shy and A BLUSHING MESS. Was he...flirting with me?          " Ruan...what are you...what are you doing? " I asked, my nervousness going to it's peak. " I'm doing exactly what you are thinking, hun " he said.

 I looked at him speechless. There was a moment of silence, we were looking into each other's eyes. I felt as if I was in cloud nine, I was floating in the air and 'SNAP' Ruan lifted his eyebrows, and smiled. I realised we were looking at each other for a few minutes now and quickly started writing my work. A small smile crept on my face. " I see your smile " he said. I looked at him acting as if I never smiled and continued writing. He chuckled and looked out the window.

           |•~A Few Moments Later~•|

                     Me and Ruan were walking towards the gate when he said " Are you free this Friday? I want to hang out with you. Plus, I wanna introduce you to my friends so...it's a win-win situation. " I replied " Nah, I don't wanna be a burden to your friends. It's okay " " No, No, I told them lots about you.

 We need a new friend in our group too so...They would love to meet you. " He said. "Okay then!". We parted ways and I said " byee " and waved at him. He waved back to me and I started walking. " Oi, wait for me! " I heard Felix's voice and turned around to see Mark and Felix coming towards me. Mark waved at me and I waved back. " You guys know each other? " Felix asked to me. " Of course, Your sister almost killed me " said Mark. 

" How do you know I'm Felix's sister? " " I told him and for the first time, you've done the right thing, good job Lexi" said Felix, patting my head. " Excuse you? " Felix started. " Is he coming to our house? " I asked while I prayed to God to not let him come to our home. Felix replied " Yup, me and my man are gonna play with my new PS5 " " You never fail to rub it in my face " I said as I walked. Felix and Mark chuckled.

                         • HIS POV •

               I was walking down the street and I turned around to see Lex. I saw her with Felix and Mark. I mean, I have no problem with Felix but what the fuck is Mark doing there? Lex better not date him. I realised what I was thinking and turned around.

          ~ And they walked along ~