Chapter 3. _The outlander

Emi's Pov:

"Here they come,the bunch of criminals Reina and Nina. The boss let them in,she just can't stop surprising me with time can she?. It's almost time to go,as I got my suitcase out,I met Amee, she asked "Have you finish packing dear Emi". I replied with a nod smiling. "Sure?. "Sure sure Amee. Then she helped me strolled it downstairs. I know this journey to be long because we'll have to spend a day or two in Dubai before landing in Nigeria given the hours we have probably at night too, I just hope it won't be a boring one.
My friends already gathered in the living room , chatting and laughing at a joke Reina cracked I think, seriously those fools,yeah they're my best friends.
I joined them and together we made our way to the front door. With a collective sense of excitement and nostalgia, I opened the door and step out. Amee headed back in for Kenji leaving us to have our little time before the boss come out.
" Girl I thought you were lying, but then know that I'm going to miss you so much! I can't believe you're leaving already,the boss is not cool " said Reina as she nudge me by the shoulders. " I know right?, it feels just like yesterday,we were stressing over our high school teachers and everyone,now you're off to start a new journey to conquer the world,who knows when you'll be back? Said Nina as she hugged me.
" I'm going to miss you both so much too!, it's hard to leave my favorite people behind but hey! We've got our phones,we have to stay in touch! I replied as I gave the both of them a crushing hug.
"Of course we will! , we'll make sure to schedule regular video calls and keep each other updated on our lives,and who knows maybe we'll even visit you sometime " and from there Reina started her waterworks,she easily cries over every small things.
" Thanks guys, I'll need all the luck I can get, but I know with your support,I can do anything. Love you both! I replied before we broke the hug like our life depended on it.
They're the kinds you'll spent thousands of years searching for. Kaito started putting them into the trunk by that time everyone's already ready. Kaito is our long time driver,if I could remember, since before Dad passed away,I was just four then .
As soon as I headed in, I sat next to Amee,Kenji and kaito in front while the boss behind us, the car is more than enough for the four of us,our family car.
Looking back at my friends through the window,I heard Reina saying " Love you too girl! Stay in touch! " Then she slumped on Nina's shoulders.
"Safe travels and keep shinning! Came Nina's voice before Kaito ignited the car. What shocked me the most is when I heard her faded voice uttered "Give our Emi the kind of freedom that she deserves! And I know the boss heard her well cause it was meant to be heard by her.
With a final glance at the only home I've known,we waited before the boss full eared Sora about the house safety,he bowed and as I waved at him one last time he smiles before we drove away. Reina ,Nina and Sora's familiar figure waving at us ,grows smaller in the distance,with that we zoomed off.
Minutes on the road,the airport's sleek , modern architecture comes into view. I felt a thrill of anticipation as the car pulls up to the departure terminal. With a flurry of activity,we unload our suitcases and bid farewell to kaito.
Inside the terminal,the hum of activity envelopes me _ the murmur of conversations,the rustle of luggages,and the occasional announcement over the loudspeaker.

It might be night but the place is still lively. Me and my family made out way to the check-in counter, where we print our boarding passes and surrender our bags to the care of the airline. After a quick security screening,we found ourselves in the departure lounge, surrounded by duty-free shops and cafes. We grab a snack,took a few photos and soak up the atmosphere.
The boss wasn't enjoying the good vibes,she was busy on the phone as usual. Finally,the moment of truth arrives_ our flight is called and we made our way to the door.
As we board the plane,the flight attendants greeted us with a warm smiles. We both found our seats Kenji beside me ,Amee and the boss behind us,stow our carry-on,and buckle up.
The engines roar to life . I felt a rush of adrenaline as the aircraft gains it's speed,lifts off the ground and soars into the sky. The earth below grows smaller and smaller, until it's just a patchwork quit of fields and buildings.
As the plane levels off ,I gaze out the window at the endless expense of clouds feeling a sense of wonder.
My new life has officially begun!
Bye bye Tokyo!

....................✨✨

One and half day later:

We left Dubai and land in Kano city some hours later at night. The warm night air envelopes me and I don't feel sleepy anymore,I had slept enough that my back is throbbing right now.
The sound of the airport _a mix of Hausa , pidgin English and laughter _fill your ears.
Did I forgot to mention the boss and Amee's tribe,...well Amee is Hausa_fulani while the boss is just Fulani. I speak Hausa and English at home ,then Japanese when I'm at school but Fulani is different,Amee only knew a little and the boss doesn't have my time so... It's not my fault that I know a little. I find Hausa language to be amusing and fun, don't get me wrong the language is easy to learn. I've never been to Nigeria before,so the excitement is palpable,I guess that's what Kenji's feeling right now.
For the second time ever, I saw the boss smiling that it melts my heart,I just hope that smile has a good reason.
A surprise awaits ,a new driver stands holding a placard with a sign written " The Tawaras" . The driver a friendly man with a warm smile greets and introduce himself as Nasiru. Leading us to the car ,he loaded our luggages,and ignited the car, journey to our new home.
The night air whizzes by as we drove through the big city, taking in the sights and sounds of this unfamiliar place.
As we approached our new house which was situated in Nasarawa as Amee relate it. We noticed it's imposing structure,the gate swung open revealing a spacious compound with a beautiful fountain. Nasiru pulls up to the main house,a stunning large duplex building with a mix of Modern and traditional Nigerian architecture.
The exterior walls are painted a warm ,earthy tone and the windows are adorned with intricate ironwork.

The huge front door opens into the spacious living room with high walls, a beautiful big chandelier attached to it and large windows. The interior is tastefully decorated with a blend of Nigerian and international styles.
My eyes widen as I took in the comfortable furnitures.

Heading in , spacious with a minimum of five bedrooms, dinning area downstairs,a room which the first side looks like a gym and the other side just a carpet with different types of throw pillows on it,a study room,mini library and a large living r...

Heading in , spacious with a minimum of five bedrooms, dinning area downstairs,a room which the first side looks like a gym and the other side just a carpet with different types of throw pillows on it,a study room,mini library and a large living room downstairs,a small living room upstairs and Kitchen downstairs,then the balcony .
The air is filled with scent of fresh paint and furniture polish mix together with a traditional scent.
I just can't wait to explore my room and the outside house.
My brother looks at me, equally amazed and whispers,"this is incredible!.
The driver Nasiru, pleased to see our reactions . "Welcome home" he says as the maids helps him with the luggages. I noticed and the maids are three in number that includes the Gardener,the new gateman. After we settled on the cream colored sectional sofa,Amee besides us . The boss was seated on the Armchairs still on her damn phone! . What on earth is in it?!, I want to know! And she doesn't seem tired at all.
We all rested against the headrest when we heard what reeled us back to our senses. "I want to talk to Beena alone!". Uttered the boss in her full authoritative voice sending daggers our way.

Votes and comments please 😊
So ,how was the chap...
You didn't see that coming did you?😌

Love, Aysha. Idrees ✨ ✨