Chapter 4. _ Adapter

Fatima Emi's Pov:

"We know for sure what she meant by that, she's referring to us cause we're the only ones present and even the maids are at their work. So, Kenji and I sauntered out,him putting his arm around my shoulders feeling all high because he's taller.

We just got back from where we came in , that is the front house. We then decided to take a tour around the compound. It took us few minutes to come to the parking lot where seven classic brand new model cars are packed including the one we rode making them eight in total.The high walls topped with barbed wire.
Then an outdoor swimming pool,who would like that? , right Kenji cause he loves to swim, moving to the east side of the house,a basketball court,a perimeter lightning around the compound for security, then at the back house,well manicured lawns, flowing plants and ornamental trees we call it a garden.
  The trees also compared to the ones there in Tokyo, they're indeed different, what was it called again? , I forgot. Seriously my brains need to rest. Next is a BBQ area , cool right? .

OMNISCIENT:

After they've finished exploring the whole house, they get back to the front and sat in a resting chairs facing the waterfall.   "Why didn't I see that earlier" Kenji said dramatically. The only places they didn't go are the guard house and then the  gate. So he grabbed Emi saying that they should at least introduce themselves and try to get along well with the gate man and the two security guards.
   And, they did just that,the gate man's name turned out to be Gowon ,and the two securities,sani and Gabriel. Sani seems friendly while Gabriel seems tough,even Gowon is funny, that Hausa man with his traditional babbar riga. 
    Emi even wondered how the three got along just like she and her best friends.
At the mention of her best friends,she just remembered that her phone was switched off earlier at the plane. They might be dead worried right now. As she searched through herself,she remembered that she left it on the sofa inside.
     Minutes later,as they were having a little chitchat,a maid was sent to call them for dinner. Emi and Kenji didn't hesitate to ask her name,she wanted to make friends so bad.
   The maids name turned out to be Rasha and she seemed nice. Following Rasha, behind them was Emi looking at the two smiling at them. Kenji wanted to start a conversation with Rasha, that boy! But the girl is too shy for her own good. Emi just chuckled at his outburst behavior, just leave Na'im with girls, he's a total player.

   They headed in once again and she led them to the dinning room where only Amee is seated.
  "Amee, where is the b... I mean mum"corrected she because Amee used to lecture,nag her for calling her own mother with a name behind her ears ,maybe that's why there is a say"all Fatima's are stubborn, trouble makers , most of all criminals".

Don't get me wrong,I don't mean real criminals okay ?😂

For Emi's case she's a little bit different though.
"Your mum asked Yusrah to bring it to her room"replied Amee as she dug in.
So now she get it,the other maid who just finished serving them,her name is Yusrah,she seems older than the young Rasha who's probably eighteen. Now remain the female maid also a chef . They were served with pepper pot soup,it is a flavourful soup made with a variety of meats like beef, chicken,goat and seafood which is shrimp fish with peppers and spices,it was served with a white rice,then boiled yam and spicy liver soup with fresh zoɓo.
"Now that's what I called the house Nigerian way"added Amee as she slipped on her drink. She missed her country no doubt and it's all because the boss seized her passport and Dr. Tawara Asif's inheritance, she's an orphan so she got no choice but to stay for the sake of her son and because she loves Emi a lot. They laughed at Amee's remark.
  "So that's what the real taste smack like" added Kenji enjoying the spicy liver soup. Though they grew up in another Tokyo, that didn't stop them from cooking Nigerian dishes. Emi only know how to make few Japanese dishes and about Nigerian dishes, she's not perfect but trying her best to learn and Amee made sure she used the right ingredients.