Chapter 1. _ Drained

Tokyo,Japan.

Fatima Emi's Pov:

" The saying" every family is complete even if the father is not there,the mother's presence can be enough to bring warmth and completeness to a family.... However, in my case , it's totally different and untrue.
"I'm Fatima Emi Tawara, ... My bad ! Where are my manners forgot to mention my Late dad's name. Did I say Late? , yeah LATE!

You can call me Emi , the name I was given by my Dad before he passed away. I was born here in Tokyo,a Japanese that is. My birth mother and stepmom are both the citizens of the federal republic of Nigeria, pretty cool right!, I Know but sadly i've never been there.
I know a thing or two about my language being a Japanese but the boss disallowed us to speak it in front of her except when necessary. Strange right?,me calling my mum with another name , I know!

"As i've heard from other people and my stepmother,my Amee then my relatives from my dad's side though we don't associate with them anymore.
My dad, Dr. Fuyuki Asif Tawara, a cardio thoracic surgeon was a great doctor a good man at heart who would do anything to see his patient in great condition. Many used to only utter good words about him but the boss doesn't even like  it when we mentioned his name so, we buried it deep within our hearts and not knowing anything much about him. Even Amee , my stepmother,she forbade her to if not she'll bear the consequences Mum being the boss of the house could you believe that?!.

I know you have many questions to ask but let's save it for later.
It'll be my bad if I don't introduce my family starting with Kenji ,my craziest, funniest and annoying brother. His name is Na'im Kenji Asif Tawara, Amee's only child. His name was written by my Dad before he passed away, lucky him.

Then my lovely Amee, Binazar Mai Jama'a, Hausa by tribe and an orphan whose family is unknown. For some reason,I felt a lot happier when I'm with Amee, the best mother figure you could ever had. That's all just brief,them my real mother,the boss, don't get me wrong that's what kenji and I called her behind her back, Nadiya Muhammad Bello her name ,a mysterious woman who you don't see almost every day, no one knows what she does to earn all those money cause though I believe my dad's wealth is another case. We never ask her though,fear to get on her bad side, don't even think about it cause you'll only end up regretting.

I've never met her family, though only through a video call, right,did I forget to mention that the boss is a twin?,a woman too but not her exact replica and I do hope they have different personalities. It might be, because whenever we made a video call together she always acted nice and kind. What made me happy is that both Amee and the boss are all from Kano State.

"Let's just get back to my boring life story. My life is a mess you know when I see it, I keep on asking myself why is it that, even when I have the wealth, having to wake up in a luxurious bedroom with a stunning view, having personal chefs ,maids to cater for my wants and needs, enjoying the designer clothes, shoes and accessories, attending elite private school, being chauffeured around, enjoying fine dinning and gourmet meals, having a sense of security and stability, having not to do anything except to have fun and sleep,why do I feel empty? ,why doesn't mother want to spend time with me? , is there something wrong with me that I don't know of? ,why doesn't she wanna talk about dad?, just why?, why is she so meticulous and mysterious ?,why don't I know anything about her?, I feel unseen and unheard, unloved and unvalued, though I have my Amee, Kenji my two best friends Reina and Nina .

Today may be my last day at school,my graduation. I'm finishing high school but I doubt if she is coming or not. It's not just about having a mother by name, it's about having a mother who is present, supportive and nurturing but she's the opposite, just resilient and sturdy,all too serious. Will I ever be able to reconnect with my mother? , if so, God I pray.