Chapter 9

Noah

My alarm went off at 6:30, and I hated it! But I had to go to work to show that I was strong. Nick got up at the same time as me, and together we got ready. Later, Nick woke the kids up so they could get ready for school. Nick would drive them both to school, and I had to go to work. 

William and my mum were in bed. They wanted to sleep a little longer tonight, but they would pick up the kids in the afternoon. I said goodbye to everyone, and Steve drove me to work.

When I arrived at the office, an excited Carla was waiting for me. "You look happy, Carla. What happened?" I put down my bag and turned on my laptops.

She sat down in my chair and started talking excitedly. "My guy on the Internet, I saw him for the first time in real life yesterday, and he's perfect! He's so nice and loving." "I'm very happy for you. Really. Do you have a picture?" "Yeah, wait here." Just as she was about to show me, our boss walked in. "Noah, do you have a moment for me in my office?" I nodded and gave Carla an apologetic look. I followed him into his office and sat down in front of him. 

"How are you, Noah?" I looked at him in astonishment. "I'm okay. You?" He sat down and felt like he looked into my soul. "Also, thank you. There's a lot going on with you right now, right? A certain Lopez contacted me about a Michael. I don't want you to be in danger when you're here. You're my best employee, Noah. Maybe you should move on from home anytime soon."

To be honest, I didn't know what I wanted. Being at home was nice, but I wanted to have a normal way of life through work. "To be honest, I don't want to. But you're the boss." He looked at me compassionately. "Go home, Noah. Take care." I didn't want to. But I had to accept it. Back at the office, I told Steve to wait down by the car. I talked to my colleagues to send me everything because I'm in the home office. With my bag full, I got into Steve's car. "Steve, can you give me a ride to Nick's office?" "Of course, Noah." He kindly nodded to me and drove me to Nick's. Twenty minutes later, Steve parked in front of Leister Enterprises. "Are you waiting here? It won't take long." He nodded and pulled out a newspaper.

The building got more and more modern over the last few years. It became a giant skyscraper. Luckily, all the staff knew me, so I didn't need any ID or anything like that. It also had its perks of being the boss's wife. 

There was a lot going on in the building. There were a lot of people running in all directions and they were so hectic. It was like being in the jungle. At the controls, Eric recognized me, and he was waving me through. "Hello, Miss Leister. How are you?" "OK, how are you, Eric?" "Don't complain. Have a nice day."

After the controls, I came to the elevators, and I typed the thirty-two. A few people greeted me and made small talk. As I walked down the hallway, I realized how majestic this is. Nick's office was at the end of the hallway, and his secretary had her desk outside. Her name was Elisa. She was very nice. "Hello Noah, how are you?" We hugged each other with a smile. " ‚,I'm good. And you?" "Also. What can I do for you?" "Is Nick there? I need to talk to him for a second." "He's there. He's on the phone, but I'm sure you can go in." "Thank you, Elisa." Smiling, I headed for the door. "Is Nick there? I need to talk to him for a second." "He's there. He's on the phone, but I'm sure you can go in." "Thank you, Elisa." Smiling, I headed for the door. While he was still on the phone, I was sitting on an armchair across from his desk. I smiled at him, and all his attention was on me. The person talking to him on the other end didn't get his attention. Nick looked at me like I was his prey. "Jackson, I've got to go. There's something that needs my full attention right now. I'll call you back. Bye." He sat down in his chair, and I walked over to him. I put my arms around the back of his neck, breathing in his smell. He put his arms around mine and atoned for the moment as much as I did. "What do I owe the pleasure of freckles?" "My boss told me I should go home anytime soon because of M. Lopez had apparently asked him a few questions." He turned around and looked at me. He pulled me to his lap and wrapped an arm around my waist. "I'm sorry. I know that work was important to you. What are you going to do?" He ran down my back and his nose grazed my throat. I sighed. "I'm working from home, and I'm probably going to spend more time with Andie and Maggie." 

"That's nice, too. I love you freckles." He kissed me and gave me strength. My phone rang. I pulled it out of my pants, and the screen blinked with my mother's name. "Why is she calling me?" 

Nick 

When I saw Noah's face fade, I knew things were bad. The moment she told me what had happened, the world stopped for me. Immediately, we went to the hospital to see my father and Rafaella. 

Andrew and Maggie were still at school, and they had no idea what had happened. At the hospital, Noah's mother walked up to us in the emergency room and grabbed her daughter. "How is my father? How did this happen?" Rafaella sobbed, and you could tell she was finished. This is what Noah must have been like when I got shot.

"Apparently, a fire broke out and something exploded, and William was apparently around. He had a lot of burns, said his colleague. He is currently being treated." 

We sat down in the waiting area, where I fetched water for the three of us. "Do you know how the fire started?" Noah's question was important. How could this happen? My thought wandered to Michael, but was he capable of something like this?" Rafaella's question made my thought even more real. I looked at Noah, who seemed to have the same thought. She hugged her mother and said it's going to be all right. About an hour later, a doctor came to us and explained what my father had. Apparently, he had severe burns and inhaled a lot of smoke. But he's going to be fine, but he needs a lot of rest. We were allowed to see him, and seeing my father like that hurt me. 

Noah held my hand and was there for me. No question it was Michael or his unknown new friend. I would make them both suffer. He attacked my family.

My father had to stay in the hospital for one night just to be safe. Rafaella wanted to stay with him, but she wasn't allowed. Noah took her mother's hand, and together we picked up the kids and drove home. We told him that Will was injured at work and will be home tomorrow.

Noah's mother was sick. She didn't want to eat, so she went straight to bed to rest. Apparently, there was also a flu wave coming, because Maggie was sick, and I wasn't feeling well either. Noah's mother was sick. She didn't want to eat, so she went straight to bed to rest. Apparently, there was also a flu wave coming, because Maggie was sick, and I wasn't feeling well either.

Throughout the day, Lopez came by and recorded our statements about the fire. The problem was we didn't know when or where he was going to hit next.

Maggie, Noah and I were sick in bed, and Andrew was in front of the TV, enjoying his health. The weird thing was, I never get sick, and neither does Noah. What a shit. The three of us lay in bed and played a game to distract us.