Chapter five

"So how did it go?" Lori asked animatedly slurring the 'go'.

"We talked." I stated simply and sat down.

"He called you because he agreed right?" she continued excitedly practically bouncing in her seat. Asher looked at her fondly. I mean how could he not see that they were in love?

"Yep he agreed."  I said as my mind shifted back to our conversation.

                            ~~~
"I want to practice on your hair. I'm a stylist" he said finally "Or at  least I want to be" he muttered .What the... cranberry, vodka, milkshake, peach?
I stared at him intently before my face split into a huge grin.

"You want help from me with my amazing locks? do not fret, do all you want with it just not cutting or dyeing I don't think she's ready yet" I stroked my hair adoringly.

"Don't flatter yourself I just thought  we might as well help each other out since both of us know the other's secret"

"Oh yeah? so what's my big secret genius?" I folded my arms defensively.

"Nothing, only that you're N1ght sky 21." he smirked.

"How did you-" I couldn't even finish my sentence.

"I just put two and two together. You implied that you have no experience in writing that genre of novels and night sky hadn't written any. No love interests but maybe a boyfriend or two that didn't really play a major role. It was kind of obvious" he  shrugged.

I blinked "that is the most I've heard you say since I started talking to you." I was actually impressed.

"Whatever." he mumbled embarrassed.

"Phew, now you know. Just don't tell anyone." I begged for reassurance.

"Your secret is safe with me just hold up your side of the deal" he said putting his hands in his pockets and walking away. I mean how can someone make walking look so cool? And how did he know night sky? Did he read my books? naa. maybe a sister or an ex or something. I sighed but walked back to the cafeteria.

                     End of  flashback

"Yes but he expected something in return right?" Lori asked wiggling her brows

"What? what did he expect?" Aiden shot up immediately going to overprotective brother mode.I rolled my eyes.

"Not like that you dirty-minded nincompoop. He just needed a favor." I said uninterested but finding tons of interest in my food.

"What kind of favor?"He narrowed his eyes.

"The kind you don't need to worry about. Everything's fine A." I said and give him a small smile

"Okay." He mumbled and stopped questioning me.

"How about you womb-mate? What's going on with Emily?" I said suggestively smirking.
Emily had been his long time crush since sophomore year and to be honest even I approved of her. He asked her to be his girlfriend after I told him to suck it up unless I would smash his Xbox and that surprisingly did the trick.

His eyes softened thinking about her. I smiled shaking my head. Sigh, my brother was smitten.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School was finally over and we all headed home. As Lori and I were about to get into the car someone poked my shoulder. I turned around and saw a boy I had definitely seen in our school before but wasn't familiar with.

"Hey." he fiddled with the strings of his hoodie.

"Hi. I've seen you around but I can't seem to remember your name."I scratched the side of my head awkwardly.

"Oh my bad. I'm Pierce." he smiled. He was definitely a looker. He had brown skin which was the same shade as mine with warm brown eyes and stood about 6 ft. With a chiseled jaw and a mop of curls on his head, I wondered why he would approach me because it look like he belonged in the popular group.

"Hi Pierce." I said with a smile. "So you excited for the game tomorrow?" I asked rolling on my feet.

"Yup. I'm kind of nervous you know that thing where you get jitters and you palm sweats?" he was definitely so nervous.

"Yeah totally and you want to fart but you hold it in cause people around you'll think you're weird." I continued grinning.

"Yeah that." he said with this small smile.

"So, you're on the football team?" I asked, cocking my head.

"Um yeah, but I'm not a player." he gave a shy smile.

"Then what do you-" Lori interrupted us by honking her car and I internally rolled my eyes.

"Oh you have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow I want to ask you something." he said.

"Sure. After the game right?" I asked kind of sad that he was going to go.

" Yup. I'll see you tomorrow." He waved at me before walking away. I smiled before getting into the car and get ready for Lori's questions. I wonder what he was going to ask me.

                            ...

           I imagined Pierce as Keith
              powers in my head. 🥲