Forgotten Memories- Prologue

The Kamiyama Family.

A well-respected and liked family, many people say that they are the perfect family, doting husband, caring mother, and wonderful children.

Daichi Kamaya, a rich businessman, often goes on trips due to work. A kind person that would help people and donate to charity.

Akira Chizuru, a caring housewife, takes care of her four children. She always talks to her neighbors and helps them with their problems. She is known as a strong and independent woman.

Takeo Kamiyama is a 16-year-old boy that's mature and intelligent. He's top of his class and considered the most handsome guy in their private school. He aspires to be a businessman like his father one day. Just like his parents, he would help his classmates that needed assistance with schoolwork and would help the teachers.

Haruki Kamiyama, a 13-year-old boy, is creative and social. Won multiple awards in art contests and musicals. He aspires to be an artist one day to make people smile. He would make drawings for his family and friends and even teach people how to draw.

Mikoto Kamiyama, a 6-year-old girl. She is the most outgoing and adventurous of the kids. She plays sports like volleyball and soccer and is the best athlete in her grade. She wants to be a professional athlete one day and make her family proud. She would play with other kids when she's at the park.

And finally, Mizuki Kamiyama, twin of Mikoto. She is the most quiet and shy out of all children. She likes to write stories and sing, winning her school speeches and singing contests. She's not sure what she wants, but her mother said that she could be a singer. She would just stay at home, helping her mother. As a result, she barely had any friends. But at school, she would help her classmates with writing and sometimes give food to them.

To the outside, the Kamiyama's were a popular, respectable, and kind family. At least to the outside.

After all, it was all a mask. Daichi has no loving husband. Akira is no independent person. Takeo is not a kind person. Haruki is not a kind person. Mizuki is not a kind person. Mikoto is not a kind person.

Daichi, a doting husband on the outside but an alcoholic, manipulative, cheating, and abusive person with his wife and kids, who constantly neglects his duty as a husband and father. a person that would manipulate people for his own gain and satisfaction and doesn't care for others.

Akira is not a strong and independent woman. Rather, she is a victim. A victim of abuse and manipulation who has no choice but to stay with her husband because she believes he will change. For her, love is what matters most. While she takes care of her children, she won't listen when her sons try to tell her to leave Daichi.

Takeo and Haruki do not love their parents. They don't care for them and would rather they die. Their rage and resentment for them consumes them and would snap at the twins.

Mikoto would copy her father when she got angry at kids but would get covered up by the brothers. She isn't aware of how messed up her actions are. Her anger towards their father was consuming her. She is slowly turning into their father, and she wasn't even aware.

Mizuki, while she isn't perfect, tries her best to discourage Mikoto from copying their father. Mizuki knows about the abuse and cheating. She just won't tell her mother, as she sees no point; after all, if she could stay with Daichi even after the abuse, then she won't mind cheating.

All of them are not good people. But that's what makes them human, right? To be human is to make mistakes that you would regret in the future that could ruin your lives.

Daichi and Akira's relationship is what you can call toxic. Daichi being a shy husband, and Alira just accepting it and even liking it. Not caring at all about their own children.

Daichi forced Takeo to be a businessman to be like him; he does not see Takeo as a child but rather an achievement. By far, Takeo is the most preferred child by Daichi and would force him to like the same things and hobbies as a form of 'bond'.

Daichi sees Haruki as a disappointment, and he actively says it to his face and with his siblings. A disappointment for liking art and musicals. For not being a'real' man. Sometimes he would just ignore his son and pretend he didn't exist.

Daichi sees Mikoto as 'disgusting and dirty' due to her playing sports and not being 'girly'. The two would constantly yell at each other, which would end up with Mikoto with new bruises.

Daichi sees Mizuki as a way to get rich. Due to her quiet nature, Daichi thought that once she's 17 then he could arrange her with some old rich guy to be married. So he dubs her 'the perfect child'.

Akira sees Takeo as a mini Daichi. She would baby him and would stick to him. She used to be a kind and caring mother, but she slowly changed over the years. Daichi cared for his mother, but he felt no love for her.

Akira is proud of Haruki for pursuing his dreams and actively encourages it. But she felt no love for him. She only sees him as a random kid that she was forced to take care of rather than a child she should love and care for.

Akira views Mikoto as messy and rageful. She thinks that the hate towards Dachi was 'unnecessary'. But she has no choice but to take care of her; if she doesn't, then she could be held accountable for her death.

Akita saw Mizuki as her when she was her age. All Akira sees is the girl who used to be bullied to the point of suicide, and she hated it. Every time Daichi would lay his hands on Mizuki, Akira felt remorseful for how she couldn't help her own daughter, but she loved her husband more than her children.

Takeo and Haruki were closest since they had to endure the abuse longer than the twins. Both swore to each other that they'd protect the two, but due to their anger, they often lash out, making them even more scared.

Takeo and Mikoto don't have the closeness like Haruki, but he thinks that her adventurous personality is quite nice and a breath of fresh air for this family. Mikoto thinks that Takeo is a bit much and confusing, but she knows he's nice.

Takeo reminds Mizuki of their mother before she lost her mind. He also knows about their father's plan, so he started to plan on escaping that hell hole as soon as he turns 18. Mizuki sees Takeo like a father figure since Daichi is no dad. Mizuki wishes that she had his confidence and popularity.

Haruki and Mikoto often fight, but it was never serious. More like rivals, often challenging each other with the stupidest ideas. But the truth is they care for each other; it's just how they cope.

Haruki thinks that Mizuki is a doormat when it comes to people taking advantage of her. He wants to help her with her confidence, but no matter what, she always gets bullied. Mizuki knows that Haruki was just trying to help, but she doesn't want him to.

Mikoto and Mizuki are like two peas in a pod. Cause their twins, but still. They are very close, with Mikoto protecting Mizuki and Mizuki patching up Mikoto. They promised that they'd always protect each other, no matter what.