ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ②

The plane hummed softly around us as the clouds slowly passed by the small oval window. Marta was fast asleep beside me, her head tilted toward the armrest, while I stared out of the window, trying to calm my nerves. The flight to New Jersey was long, but excitement and fear kept my mind constantly alert.

I hadn't slept well in days. As the audition approached, my thoughts became more chaotic. It wasn't just the audition, not even just Nick Jonas. It was everything. I was about to throw myself into the unknown without any guarantee that something good would come from it.

I glanced at Marta, who was softly snoring, and smiled. She was my inseparable companion, the one who had pushed me to do this. Without her, I probably would have stayed in Madrid, daydreaming but never daring to take the leap. I still didn't know how we were going to survive in New Jersey, as our savings barely covered the plane tickets, but Marta insisted we'd figure it out when we got there. She always had a way of making everything seem possible.

"Everything will be fine," I whispered to myself, trying to convince myself.

The hours passed, and before I knew it, the plane lights flickered softly, indicating we were descending. My heart raced a mile a minute. This was real. We were going to New Jersey. I was going to see Nick Jonas.

Newark Airport was packed with people, and as soon as we stepped out of the terminal, the hustle and bustle surrounded us. Marta, always with that carefree smile, stretched her arms like she had just arrived in paradise.

"New Jersey, baby!" she shouted, drawing the attention of a few passersby who glanced curiously at us

I laughed, but deep down, the knot in my stomach kept tightening more and more. Marta gave me a knowing look.

"Ready to take on the world?" she asked, giving me a small nudge.

"If by 'take on the world' you mean not knowing where we'll sleep tonight, then yes, more than ready," I joked, though there was a hint of worry in my words.

"Oh, we'll figure it out. We always do."

We had three days until the audition, and without a fixed place to stay, the adventure felt more real than I had imagined. But then something happened that even in my wildest dreams, I hadn't anticipated.

We were leaving the airport, dragging our suitcases behind us, when I felt my chest tighten. My heart started racing, and my breathing faltered. A mix of anxiety and fear took over me. A panic attack.

"Marta... I can't breathe..." I said, stopping in my tracks. I felt my legs shaking.

"Calm down, calm down," she said, grabbing my shoulders. "Breathe with me, come on, inhale... exhale."

But before I could calm down, I clumsily tripped over something—or rather, someone. I lost my balance and fell forward, my hands crashing against a solid, strong chest, covered by a black leather jacket. When I looked up, I saw him: a guy with long, wavy hair falling in soft strands around his face, his eyes a piercing green, as if they could see straight into my soul at that very moment. His mouth curled into a smile that matched the mischievous look in his eyes.