ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ④

When Nick left the office, my body was still trembling. I could feel the heat of his presence, that mix of desire and danger that had left my heart racing. I barely managed to breathe before the door opened again, but this time it wasn't Nick. Priyanka entered with firm steps, her gaze cold and calculated. Everything about her expression screamed control.

The smile she gave Nick as she passed him was almost theatrical, a clear display of what she was about to do

She approached him with a sensuality that felt too rehearsed, and before I could even process what was happening, her lips were pressed against Nick's in a slow, provocative kiss, clearly meant for me. He didn't push her away, but neither did he respond with the same enthusiasm. Even so, the message was clear. Nick was hers.

When she pulled away, she shot me a direct look, one that sent a chill down my spine. It was a warning.

"He's my husband, you know?" she said in a sweet but sharp voice, like a dagger wrapped in silk. She walked over to me, her heels echoing on the wooden floor as she whispered—"And I don't like to share."

I kept my cool, or at least tried to. Her threat was obvious, but I wasn't going to let her intimidate me. There was something about her attitude that repelled me, and I wasn't about to be cowed by her supposed superiority.

"You don't need to worry about me," I replied with a cold smile, holding her gaze. "I'm just here for the job, nothing more."

Priyanka let out a brief laugh, but her eyes remained cold. She leaned in slightly, close enough so only I could hear her next words.

"You'd better make sure that's the case, because if I see you getting too close, I guarantee you won't last long here."

The fire in my chest ignited. I wasn't going to let her walk all over me. I wasn't the type to back down from a threat.

"Thanks for the warning, but I can take care of myself," I replied firmly. My heart was pounding, but my voice didn't waver. I wasn't about to let her see me vulnerable.

The tension between us was palpable. Priyanka watched me for a moment longer, weighing my words, before she turned and left the office with one final cold remark.

"Don't forget what I said."

The door closed behind her, and for the first time in minutes, I exhaled the breath I had been holding. I couldn't believe what had just happened. The situation was becoming more surreal by the minute, but I wasn't going to let Priyanka intimidate me. I knew why I was here, and I wouldn't let her power plays distract me.

Not long after, I met someone far kinder—María, the cook and current nanny for Malti. She had a warm, welcoming energy that immediately made me feel more at ease. She guided me through the mansion as we chatted. She explained that while she loved taking care of Malti, she couldn't handle all the work on her own, and that's why Nick was looking for someone else to help. The house was enormous, and hearing about everything she had to manage made me understand why.