ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⑦

The last day before the casting had arrived. It was the day to do the last rehearsals, to adjust the details of my performance and calm my nerves. However, my mind was far from calm. Nick, as always, occupied an important space in my thoughts. Last night had been another step in this relationship that made no sense, but had become inevitable. Every kiss we shared, every touch, was a mixture of danger and desire. I was getting used to him, and that terrified and excited me at the same time.

 I was getting used to him, and that terrified and excited me at the same time

I went downstairs in search of something to distract me from all that. The mansion was strangely quiet, which gave me some breathing room to organize my thoughts. I was going to focus on casting, on what had really brought me to New Jersey. Friday was my chance to fulfill a dream, and I couldn't afford to lose focus.

As I made my way to the kitchen, I ran into Nick, leaning nonchalantly against the studio door. He wore that smile that always made me wince, and my nerves shot up at the sight of him.

-I was looking for you," he said softly, slowly approaching me.

-What for? -I asked, trying to sound calmer than I felt.

Nick didn't answer right away. He just looked at me with those eyes that always seemed to see more than I wanted to show. Finally, he spoke:

-I have a surprise for you. I thought, since today is your last day of rehearsal before casting, we could do something special. -His tone was playful, but there was something else, a hint in his voice that made me feel the heat rising in my neck.

-Something special? -I asked, raising an eyebrow. I knew that with Nick, nothing was just special. Everything always had a double meaning, a hidden layer.

-Come with me," he replied, taking my hand and gently pulling me toward the study.

We entered the large room, and again I was in awe. The studio was a place full of life, of music, of stories that had been written and sung by him and his brothers. But this time, Nick had set it up for me. The instruments were set up, the microphones ready. Everything was set up as if it were a private concert.

 Everything was set up as if it were a private concert