ⒸⒽⒶⓅⓉⒺⓇ ⑤

The sun filtered through the curtains of my room, signaling the start of a new day. The day I was supposed to sign the contract as Malti's caregiver, but my mind was far from focused on that. I lay in bed, the sheets tangled around my legs, wondering if what had happened last night had been a dream. Had I really kissed Nick Jonas in front of a fireplace? It seemed like something out of a fantasy. And yet, everything had been too vivid to be just an illusion.

 And yet, everything had been too vivid to be just an illusion

I felt a mix of guilt and excitement. I had gotten involved with a married man. There was no going back. Priyanka had already made it clear she wasn't willing to share her husband. But on the other hand, there was something about Nick that I just couldn't resist. An attraction that made me weak, as if all the control I'd tried to maintain melted away with just one look from him. The conflict between what I knew was wrong and what my body desired left me feeling trapped. What was I doing? What did Nick really want?

My mind was spinning until Marta, with her usual morning energy, burst into the room. She pinched my arm, making me jump.

"Girl, wake up!" she said, laughing at my groggy expression. "What's going on? Did you think last night was a dream or something?"

"I'm still not sure," I replied, sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes. But Marta was right. Everything was real. I was in a situation I wasn't sure I could get out of unscathed.

I sighed, letting the weight of reality settle on me. Nick was married, yes, and I was getting myself into something I shouldn't, but at the same time... I couldn't resist him. He was my weakness, that connection that seemed to transcend everything I had felt before.

I decided to get up and stop overthinking it, at least for a moment. I took a shower, letting the hot water run over my body, trying to calm myself down. When I got out, I felt a bit more centered, although the confusion was still there. Today was the day to sign the contract, and I couldn't let my mind wander any further.

I went downstairs in search of Nick, but instead of finding him, I ran into Joe in the living room

I went downstairs in search of Nick, but instead of finding him, I ran into Joe in the living room. He smiled at me with that carefree look of his, but there was something in his eyes that made me uncomfortable, as if he knew more than he was willing to say.