Chapter XXI Part II [Let Withered Marigolds Blossom Again]

At the gates of Sullivan's manor, Kaminari stood on her toes up and down while waiting for someone to unlock the bars in between her and the house. From the manor's doors came Opera, who greeted Kaminari in suit as they unlocked the gates.

  "Good day, Levina-san." Said Opera, "Ryūko-sama had just arrived to await your arrival."
  "What's up- I mean good day to you too." Smiled Kaminari cheerily at Opera before correcting herself, "So, where would Ryūko be now?"

  The feline closed the door behind the guest, notioning to Kaminari that her host was inside as Ryūko stepped in, who also thanked Kaminari for her arrival after all the hardships from the Harvest Festival. Kaminari bounced on the balls on her feet energetically while going on about the Legendary Leaf, Ryūko passing out after the awards ceremony and achieving a new power akin to an atomic bomb that caused a riot amongst the staff. All of that was enough for Opera to give Kaminari a side eye, but didn't say anything. She then stated that she had been getting used to her evolved state as she was gesturing to her new ears and tail. The cambion assured Opera that they needn't worry too much on those details before she and Kaminari walked over to her room.

  Kaminari flopped down onto the bed. Ryūko then locked the main door of her room before walking towards her bench, knowing what her potential sister-in-law would be doing. Kaminari took a deep breath and chanted the spell. There was a blinding flash of light as a white circle, large enough for a person, materialized out of thin air. The Electro user stuck her head through calling, "Kiri-nitan! Yoo hoo! Big summer blowout!"
  At the other side of the portal was Kiriwo in his room, just in Baal's mansion. He took a good look around before crossing his way in to throw his adoptive sister and his girlfriend into a warm hug.
  "Hey! It's great to be back in your room again, Ryūko-chan!" Smiled Kiriwo.
  "It's great to see you again, love." Replied Ryūko before she gave a soft kiss on Kiriwo's cheek. Kaminari slowly lifted up her phone, grinning when Kiriwo spotted her.
  "Dammit!" She exclaimed, giggling. Kiriwo batted her lightly on the head, ruffling her hair as Kaminari's ears twitched happily.

  The three pulled out of the hug and looked at each other smiling in their ways. Kiriwo didn't anticipate a second invitation to his girlfriend's place, so it was quite a refreshing day to come back in secret. Even moreso when it wasn't for a serious meeting. Ryūko had some light flower tea blend and sweets on her coffee table. It wasn't Hell Gray this time, rather it was a floral brew Lavande recommended to her. Kaminari took a sip and smiled appreciatively.
  "So, why'd you invite us over? There has to be some reason." She asked with another sip, scanning Ryūko's expression for any hints as to what they would be doing. Kiriwo took a lot at her desk, seeing a short stack of paper he assumed was Battler work or unidentified documents.
  "I see you've been workin' hard, darlin'." He remarked, "Maybe you wanted to catch a breather?" His partner sighed softly at that before a voice lit up the room.

  "Pardon the interruption, but Mein Fräulein wanted to take her mind off the recent events and all that she had been pressing into." Said Reficul out of the blue, "I am the entity of the Ring of Pride that rests in her finger, Reficul. You must be Amy Kiriwo and Levina Kaminari. For long I have seen you from within the ring, but to be a witness of two spectacular demons of Mein Fräulein's deepest connections than friends is the most incredible honor I have now."
  His ring-bearer certainly never would have thought for him to selectively reveal himself. Both Kaminari and Kiriwo admired the feathers of the black phoenix. Definitely one of the prettiest things Kaminari has set eyes on.
  Kiriwo raised an eyebrow and smirked with a question, "What's the most? Some guy?" On that note, Kaminari was strangely silent. Normally, they would've expected Kaminari to clap back with some snarky remark of her own.
  "Ah. I get it." Realized Ryūko, "She has a thing for someone, but it's not in a way we think. Perhaps she isn't heterosexual. Not too different from me, however..."
  "That does sound believable." Commented Kiriwo, "But anyhow, let's get on track. Did you seriously not want to hang out with Iruma-kun and your other friends?"
Ryūko shook her head as a no, she sipped on her tea for a second and Kaminari seemed to have understood why she chose her and Kiriwo to be around for the day.