Chapter 5: A Heart Left Hollow

As the days went by, the truth slowly came out. One by one, Haechan's brothers learned the full extent of his condition. The rejection bond, the severed connection, and the slow decay of Haechan's body. It was a living nightmare, watching their youngest brother wither before their eyes, and there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Jeno was the angriest. He couldn't understand how Mark could have done this, how he could have rejected Haechan so carelessly.

"If I ever see him again, I swear I'll-"

"Don't," Haechan interrupted, his voice weak but firm.

"It's not Mark's fault. He didn't know. He... he didn't mean to hurt me."

"That doesn't make it okay!" Jeno shouted, pacing the living room.

"He should have known! He should have been more careful. You're-"

His voice broke, and he clenched his fists, trying to hold back the tears.

"You're dying, Haechan."

The room fell silent at those words, the weight of the truth settling heavily over them all. Haechan lowered his eyes, his hands trembling in his lap.

"I know."

Taeyong, who had been sitting quietly by the window, finally spoke up. His voice was soft, but there was a deep sorrow in his tone.

"We have to try. There's still a chance, isn't there?"

Haechan looked up, meeting his eldest brother's gaze. "What chance, hyung?"

"The bond," Taeyong said slowly. "If Mark... if Mark truly cared about you, if he realized what he had done, maybe the bond could still be restored."

Haechan shook his head, tears welling up in his eyes. "It's too late. He doesn't love me."

"You don't know that," Jaehyun said gently, placing a hand on Haechan's shoulder.

"People don't always realize what they feel until it's too late. Sometimes, it takes losing something to understand how much it meant to you."

"But what if it's already too late?" Haechan whispered, his voice breaking. "What if Mark never realizes? What if... I'm already gone by the time he figures it out?"

Taeyong's face hardened, determination shining in his eyes.

"We won't let that happen. We'll find Mark. We'll make him understand."