Chapter 6: The Breaking Point

But time was running out. Haechan's health continued to worsen, and soon, even getting out of bed became a monumental effort.

His brothers took turns staying by his side, refusing to leave him alone for more than a few minutes at a time. They couldn't bear the thought of him fading away in silence.

One morning, as the sun barely peeked through the curtains, Haechan awoke feeling weaker than ever. His chest was tight, and every breath felt like a battle. He could hear the soft murmur of his brothers' voices from the hallway, but they sounded distant as if they were speaking from another room entirely.

He tried to sit up, but his body refused to cooperate. Panic surged through him as he realized just how frail he had become. He was slipping away, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

The door creaked open, and Jisung, the youngest of the brothers after Haechan, entered the room quietly.

His eyes widened when he saw the state Haechan was in, and he rushed to his side, kneeling beside the bed.

"Haechan, hang in there,"

Jisung whispered, his voice trembling with fear.

"Please, hyung, don't leave us."

Haechan tried to smile, but it was a weak, fleeting gesture.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice barely audible.

"I don't think I can..."

"No, don't say that!" Jisung cried, tears streaming down his face.

"We're going to fix this! We'll find Mark, and everything will be okay. Just... please don't give up."

But Haechan's strength was fading fast, and even the thought of holding on seemed impossible. His vision blurred, and the room began to spin as the edges of his consciousness frayed.

And then, everything went dark.