Clash of the World

Camp Half-Blood was buzzing with an energy that Percy hadn't felt in a long time. The usual clatter of swords and shields, the distant rumble of chariots during practice, and the loud laughter of the campers were all familiar sounds, but today, there was a new layer of tension. The arrival of witches and wizards from Hogwarts had everyone curious and a little on edge. It wasn't every day that demigods mingled with magical beings from the other side of the world.

Percy led Neville, Hermione, and Luna through the camp, pointing out the cabins and explaining the camp's layout. The trio listened intently, though Hermione stayed a few steps behind, her silence still hanging between them. He was just about to show them the dining pavilion when a familiar voice cut through the air.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the mighty Percy Jackson, back from Hogwarts."

Percy turned to see Annabeth standing near the armory, arms crossed, a sharp look in her eyes. Next to her were Jason, Piper, Leo, Frank, and Hazel—all of the Seven. Nick, the new camper who had betrayed Percy, stood a little further back, eyeing the Hogwarts students with barely concealed arrogance.

"Annabeth," Percy greeted her, trying to keep his voice neutral. His eyes darted briefly to Nick, the sting of betrayal still fresh. Seeing Nick here, especially with the knowledge of how he had manipulated events at Camp Half-Blood, made Percy's blood boil, but he forced it down. Now wasn't the time to let that anger get the better of him. "Everyone, these are some of the witches and wizards from Hogwarts. This is Neville, Luna, and Hermione."

Annabeth's eyes lingered on Hermione for a moment, a flash of something unreadable passing over her face before she turned to Neville and Luna with a polite nod. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena."

Neville blinked in surprise, but nodded back. "Uh, nice to meet you. I'm Neville Longbottom."

Luna gave a dreamy smile. "Luna Lovegood. Your camp is beautiful."

Jason stepped forward, flashing a friendly grin. "Hey, I'm Jason Grace, son of Jupiter. Welcome." His tone was warm, but there was a tension behind it, like he wasn't sure how to treat the newcomers. "So, you guys do magic with wands and stuff, right?"

Neville nodded, glancing nervously at the demigods. "Yeah, but we mostly use them for spells and charms. We don't really do... sword fighting."

Piper chuckled. "You'll get used to it. It's not as hard as it looks, but you might want to watch out for Leo—he likes to prank the new recruits."

Leo, always ready with a mischievous grin, waved dramatically. "Leo Valdez, at your service! Just let me know if you need anything fixed—or if you want to see how a wand works when you add some firepower."

"Leo," Percy warned, though a small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

Grover arrived a moment later, his hooves clomping against the ground as he made his way over. "Percy! I heard you were back! And you brought—" His eyes widened as he took in the sight of the Hogwarts students. "Whoa, wizards and witches. This is wild."

Hermione had been quiet up until this point, but when Grover approached, she gave him a small, tight smile. "It's nice to meet you. Percy's told me a lot about you."

Grover blinked, slightly taken aback, but smiled warmly in return. "I've heard a lot about you too. Well, kinda." He tilted his head. "But I thought you were dating—"

Percy cut him off quickly, sensing where Grover's rambling was heading. "Let's not get into that right now."

Nick, who had been standing to the side with a smug look on his face, finally spoke up. "So, these are the famous witches and wizards we're supposed to be working with? I thought they'd be... taller."