CH-19(Panick attack)

Once they arrived home, the atmosphere shifted. Everyone went to their respective rooms. Meher quietly slipped into her room, where Aarvi was sleeping soundly with Dadi-sa. She didn't want to wake her.

As she prepared for bed, Meher noticed the water jar was empty. She headed to the kitchen to fill it. While she was pouring the water, her phone chimed with a message. She glanced at the screen, and her hands began to shake as panic surged. Her breath quickened, and before she realized it, the jar slipped from her grip and shattered on the floor.

The message was a picture of her lying naked on a bed, and the sight sent her spiraling into despair. She hurled her phone against the wall, the screen cracking upon impact.

Just then, Vikram entered the kitchen to fill his own jar. He was about to leave when he noticed Meher's pale face and trembling hands. The jug fell to the floor, shattering into pieces. His heart raced as he realized something was terribly wrong.

Without hesitation, Vikram rushed to her side. He dropped to his knees beside her, feeling a surge of protectiveness and fear. This was the first time he had seen her cry like this, tears streaming down her cheeks. She had always been so strong, and now she looked utterly vulnerable.

"Meher!" he said, his voice filled with concern. He felt lost, unsure of how to comfort her, but instinct kicked in. He gently picked her up and placed her on his lap, cradling her against him.

"It's okay, I've got you," he whispered, his voice soothing. He began to stroke her hair softly, trying to provide some semblance of comfort. He started singing softly, a melody he hoped would help calm her racing heart.

"Shh... sab kuch theek hoga, Meher. Main yahan hoon," he murmured, his own heart aching at the sight of her in such distress.

He kept comforting her, gently stroking her hair and whispering softly. After a few moments, he heard a soft snore. When he looked down, he saw that she had fallen asleep, her face resting against his chest. He was a bit surprised but didn't move. Instead, he carefully lifted her in his arms, carrying her to her room.

Once they reached her room, Vikram laid her gently on the bed. He was about to leave, but his eyes lingered on her face. She looked so calm and peaceful in her sleep, so different from the strong, guarded person she usually was. For a moment, he found himself staring, feeling something stir inside him that he couldn't quite understand.

Suddenly, he realized what he was doing. Shaking his head, he quickly turned and left her room, walking back to his own.

As he entered his room, his eyes went straight to Shanaya's portrait hanging on the wall. His steps slowed as he approached it, and he stood in front of her picture, guilt washing over him.

"I'm sorry, Shanaya," he said quietly, his voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what's happening... but I won't let anyone replace you." His hands tightened into fists as he struggled with his feelings. "You were my everything. And will alw-..." He stopped, unable to finish the thought.

With a heavy sigh, Vikram turned away from the portrait and walked toward the window, his mind full of confusion.

**Next Morning**

Meher woke up, her eyes slowly adjusting to the soft morning light filling her bedroom. As she blinked, her mind began to recall the events of the previous night—the mysterious message, her panic attack, and Vikram calming her down. She frowned, feeling a wave of frustration wash over her.

"Aish!" She groaned, running her hands through her hair in frustration. The whole situation felt like a tangled mess.

She started searching for her phone, feeling the need to check for any updates. But then she remembered—the phone had broken last night during her panic. Letting out a sigh, she got out of bed and walked towards the door, deciding to face the day anyway.

As she opened the door, she was surprised to see Vikram standing there, almost as if he had been waiting for her. For a brief moment, their eyes met, a flicker of something unspoken passing between them. But Vikram quickly broke the gaze, clearing his throat.

"Uh... umm, tumhara phone maine repair karwa diya hai," (I got your phone repaired) he said, holding out her phone to her.

Meher hesitated for a second before reaching out to take it from him. She looked down at the phone, feeling a strange mixture of relief and awkwardness.

Vikram continued, sensing her hesitation, "Don't worry, I didn't invade your privacy."Their eyes met again, just for a second, before Vikram started to turn away, ready to leave.

"Umm, Vikram," Meher called out softly, stopping him in his tracks. "Thanks."

He nodded, acknowledging her words without saying anything, then quietly left the room.

Meher stood there for a moment, staring at the phone in her hand. She couldn't afford any distractions now. Quickly, she dialed the number of the private detective she had hired.

"I need you to find out the owner of that number as soon as possible," she instructed firmly, her voice betraying the urgency she felt. This was a matter she couldn't leave unresolved.