CH-15(Flashback)

Forcing herself to focus, she took a deep breath and sat down at her desk, but her mind was already racing. After all these years of burying the past, it felt like it was clawing its way back into her life.

The past only she knows. She picked up her phone, staring at the anonymous number. Do you think she should reply? Confront the person directly? Or would it be safer to ignore it? Her thoughts were interrupted by the soft knock on her office door. 

She tensed, quickly locking her phone again.

"Come in," she said, her voice steady despite the turmoil inside.

It was one of her assistants, bringing in some files for her review. Meher took the documents, nodding curtly, but her mind was far from work now.

As soon as the assistant left, Meher stood up, walking over to the window. The city buzzed with life outside, but she felt isolated in her fear.

**Vikram's POV:**

I was staring at Aarvi, who was happily playing with her toys, her tiny giggles filling the room. She was growing so fast. In just a month, she would turn one, and I hadn't been there for her in the way I should have been.

 I missed so much already. Oh, I wish I had realized my mistake before it was too late, before she grew up without knowing the love of her father.

My heart ached as I thought about Shanaya. *I wish you were here, my love. I wish you could see her. I wish I could have been the father you wanted me to be.* Guilt gnawed at me, the memories of Shanaya's last moments haunting me. I had promised to take care of our daughter, but instead, I had pushed her away, blinded by my anger and grief.

Aarvi looked up at me, her innocent eyes sparkling with joy, completely unaware of the turmoil inside me. How could I have been so selfish? So consumed by my pain that I couldn't see what was right in front of me? I should have been there for her. I should have cherished her every moment, not let my grief control me.

But now... now things were different. Meher had stepped in and fulfilled that role. And as much as I resented her for it, I couldn't deny that Aarvi was happy with her. She was thriving.

*But at what cost?* I still couldn't forgive her—couldn't forgive her for being in Shanaya's place, for taking up the role that wasn't hers to begin with. Every time I looked at her, it reminded me of my failure, my broken promises.

I stood up and walked over to Aarvi, kneeling down beside her as she handed me a toy with a wide grin. she babbled, her tiny hand reaching for mine. My heart clenched at the sound of that word. She had only recently started calling me that, and every time she did, it felt like a knife twisting deeper.

"I'll make it right, Aarvi. I swear I'll be the father you deserve." My voice was soft, filled with a determination that had been missing for too long.

I had a lot to make up for. To Aarvi. To Shanaya. And even to myself.

But no matter what, I wouldn't let anyone come between my daughter and me again.

END POV

Meher reached home, her mind still tangled with the implications of the earlier message. She felt a chill run down her spine as she considered who was behind it. Just then, a voice broke her thoughts.

"Bhabhi, ye dekho!" Yug exclaimed, his voice bright with excitement as he showed Aarvi, who giggled and made a little hand sign for Meher to pick her up. With a soft smile, Meher gently cradled her daughter and hugged her close.

"Baby, aapne aaj maze kiye?" she asked, her heart swelling with warmth as Aarvi cupped her face and began to babble, "Ma-hheh-ma."

Meher chuckled softly. "Baby, say 'mamma'," she encouraged, but Aarvi just giggled in response.

"Aarvi, ab 'cha-chu' kaho ," Yug said grinning at the adorable scene unfolding before him.

Meher couldn't help but laugh, enjoying Yug's playful antics despite his notorious reputation.

 There was something refreshing about his energy that eased the weight on her heart.

"I'll be right back. Mai fresh hoke aati hu," she said, giving Aarvi one last squeeze before heading upstairs. As she climbed the stairs, she caught a glimpse of Vikram.

 He was standing by the railing, his jaw clenched as he watched her,but somthing was she was looking dull vikram thought but choosse to ignore and walked downstairs.

Meher entered in her room she sat on the bed "Why now"she murmered she got up from her bd and wnt inside the washroom as the hot water touch her body she closed her eyes and some flashback hit her.

FLASHBACK

"Please... nahi!" (Please... no!) A girl's voice, filled with fear, echoed in her mind. Her face was bruised, her lips trembling.

"Shh, chup ekdum chup!" (Shhh, shhh, just keep quiet!) A man's cold, harsh voice followed, his shadow looming over her.

Meher flinched as another blow landed. Her eyes shut tight, desperate to block out the image of the person hurting her—someone she had once trusted. Each bruise on her skin was a reminder of the betrayal, the shattered pieces of a relationship that had once been her safe haven.

She remembered how everything had changed—how love had twisted into manipulation, how her voice had been silenced. Her heart ached with the memories of the nights spent hoping things would get better, believing every lie he told, thinking it was all her fault.

But that night was different. That night, something inside her snapped. Amid the darkness, there was a spark—a flame of defiance that refused to be extinguished.

"Not anymore," she whispered through gritted teeth, her body trembling, but her spirit awakening.

With a surge of courage, she fought back. Her bruised hands reached for anything she could find—a lamp, a book—and threw it at him, pushing him away with all the strength she could muster. She didn't stop until she was free.

END FLASHBACK