Muse

Just things I needed to say...

Perhaps a bit pf character study 

&

Plot line and arcs insights...

Goat feels like a phenomenal film if the plans for part 2 are underway.If not it's just another movie riding Vijay's stardom and the open ending bandwagon. It is a decent to good watch by itself. 

 But the fact that there will be no prequel and thus no proper conclusion to the story dampens the experience. Open endings are not bad by themselves... they leave a lot to imagination and often make the entire affair even better. 

But with Goat it feels like things were left halfway... The characters and the concept are at a very good place for sequel. 

A father whose estranged son turns out to be a cold blood murderer is Gandhi's characterisation in Goat. In part 1 he has already gone through the ordeal of losing his son twice once by his own hand. 

So, in a part 2 he is a father who has to choose between the ghost of his loving son and the greater good. Again and again.

 Sanjay feels so much more cold blooded than the clone Jeevan. Almost as if the clone is more human than the human himself. He comes off as a very layered character in his limited screen time. Someone whose primary and maybe only goal is to make Gandhi suffer. 

Like a Joker who wants to make the bat fall out of the sky and will go to any lengths to do it.

 Adding to this, The clone concept has immense potential. While Jeevan was a clone and thus void of actual human emotions. He is great at pretending them and still seems to have character attributes. One of the major ones being impulse. 

So, it feels like even though he isn't created with emotions and is a pawn working for a goal.He can develop emotions or traits. 

Which makes one wonder how every other clone would grow into his skin trying to be 'Sanjay.' 

It could provide a canvas with wide range of characters. Protagonist and Antagonist aside. Characters like Anu, Jeevitha, Sunila and Menon also have potential to be explored more and have more depth in a part 2. 

 I will never tire of talking about the movie and the character. 

Leo is a damn good watch. The character is layered and shaded. He is very unpredictable and cunning. Leo das or 'Parthiban' is much more of a villain than a hero. 

 But he is also some one who wouldn't side with the franchise's villains, if not for anything else, then his own interests. It would be nice to see a character who doesn't fit in a spectrum in a world where there is a clear black and white.

 It is a character that deserves further appearance and importance in the franchise, until the finish line. The need for a sequel might be debatable. But it feels like a crime for the character to be evicted from the franchise. 

 The plot lines and the character arcs have the potential to dig deeper and spread larger. Even the dark arts angle deserves to be explored more. 

But given Vijay na's ambitions and commitments, it is very much clear that and in will never become a reality. 

If it wasn't for how good the portrayal of characters was by Vijay and him himself being a big factor for their on screen presence and reception.

 I would have wished for someone else to play these characters just so their stories can be explored and finished.

 It is down right tragic that the man himself choose scripts and characters with such great potential when he is leaving... making the journey itself feel incomplete.

Why the fuck did he have to leave!!!

All things aside... long time old friends...

Tags

missnwrites Not_for_sale_4419 Ms_Shaayra Trippyboi33EmpressofTime djv5surrey PandaBnB