Chapter 1: The Heiress

Orm Kornnaphat Sethratanapong was the 'It' girl, a name that held weight in every corner of high society. With her family's vast fortune and connections, Orm had the world at her feet. Her life was a whirlwind of extravagant parties, luxury shopping sprees, and glamorous events. Blessed with stunning beauty and an effortless charm, Orm turned heads wherever she went, but despite the attention, she was utterly indifferent to the parade of admirers.

Boys—and even some girls—tried to court the young heiress, drawn to her mysterious allure, but their efforts were always in vain. No matter how persistent or attractive, they all received the same cold, disinterested response. Orm's heart remained locked away, a mystery even to herself.

Her disinterest in romantic pursuits had become a source of concern for her family, especially her mother. The Sethratanapong legacy demanded a suitable match, and as far as her mother was concerned, it was long overdue. Lavish blind dates were arranged with the crème de la crème of society, but Orm rejected each one with a bored shrug, her mind drifting elsewhere as her dates tried to impress her with their wealth or status.

Her mother, growing more anxious by the day, constantly reminded Orm of her "duty" to the family. But to Orm, the idea of falling in love—or even marrying for status—felt suffocating. It wasn't that she didn't believe in love; she just hadn't found anyone who made her feel anything beyond fleeting amusement.

Yet, despite her outward appearance of having it all, Orm often found herself alone in a room full of people, surrounded by wealth but yearning for something she couldn't define. As her mother's matchmaking efforts grew more intense, so did Orm's desire to escape from the superficiality of her life.

Things were about to change one day at one of the most talked-about birthday parties of the season. The extravagant affair was hosted by Orm's close friend, the ever-charming socialite Becky, and naturally, the event was a magnet for Bangkok's elite. Orm was trying her best to blend into the background, sipping champagne, hoping to avoid another round of awkward conversations with people who either wanted to date her or do business with her.

That's when he appeared.

"Orm Kornnaphat Sethratanapong, right?" came a smooth, self-assured voice.

Orm looked up to see a man, perhaps a few years older than her, flashing a smile as if it were enough to make her swoon. She recognized the type immediately—too much money, too much arrogance, and too much cologne.

"I'm Thanakorn Wongsuwan," he continued, stepping right into her personal space. "Son of Chaiyut Wongsuwan, Thailand's biggest rice exporter."

Orm barely suppressed an eye-roll and took a step to the side, ready to walk away without bothering with a reply. Unfortunately, Thanakorn wasn't giving up that easily. He swiftly moved to block her path, leaning in slightly as if trying to create intimacy.

"You should consider me, you know," he said with a smirk that was meant to be charming but came off as irritatingly smug. "A Sethratanapong and a Wongsuwan together? We'd be unstoppable."

Orm's patience was wearing thin. She gave him a glance of mild disgust, but before she could respond, Becky, having spotted the uncomfortable interaction from across the room, swept in with the grace of a seasoned socialite.

"Any problem here?" Becky's voice was casual but carried an unmistakable undertone of sharpness.

Thanakorn, clearly unaware of who he was dealing with, turned to her and gave the same smug smile. "I'm just being a gentleman, offering this beautiful lady a drink," he said, sounding as if he expected Becky to back him up.

Becky's eyes narrowed slightly, her gaze dropping to Thanakorn's hand, which was still firmly gripping Orm's wrist. Without hesitation, Becky stepped forward and casually peeled his hand away from her friend's arm. "I don't see anything gentlemanly about the way you're holding her," Becky said, her voice dripping with faux sweetness.