Manipulation: part 6 (shifting to his house)

sorry for changing the name but I seriously can't decide on a name for the story, do give me suggestions for it
This chapter has a few time skips not major ones but yeah, do vote and comment

Josh sat nervously across from Yaroslav in his lavish office, the tension from the previous night's cryptic texts still gripping him. He tried to appear calm, but his hands fidgeted restlessly in his lap. Yaroslav, as always, was composed—his dark, calculating eyes fixed on Josh with an air of quiet control.

"I wanted to discuss Thea staying at your place," Josh started, his voice faltering slightly. "I just wanted to make sure it's not a problem for you."

Yaroslav leaned back in his chair, a polite smile playing at his lips. "It's no problem at all, Josh. She's not intruding. In fact, I quite enjoy her company." His voice was smooth, but there was an underlying edge that made Josh's skin crawl. "However," Yaroslav added casually, "I will be leaving the day after tomorrow. I was hoping Thea might come with me."

Josh swallowed, his mind racing as he remembered the terrifying texts. He couldn't play with his daughters safety, not again, and it was better for her to go with him than going alone, what if he.... Josh visibly shuddred at his thought, gulpping he responded "of course, I will tell her"

Good," Yaroslav replied, his smile widening. He stood, signaling the end of the conversation, and extended his hand. Josh shook it, his grip weak, feeling as though he had just sealed Thea's fate. which he did but isn't aware.

Yaroslav leaned back in his chair, his mind swirling with satisfaction. Everything had fallen into place so easily—Thea, her parents, even Josh. They all walked right into his carefully laid trap, completely oblivious to his true intentions. He relished the control he had over them, the way every piece moved just as he wanted. But his thoughts were abruptly interrupted when Dimitri, Nikolai, and Ivan barged into his office, dragging a bruised and bloodied stranger between them.

Nikolai spoke first, his voice cold and steady. "This is the guy who put up those walls in the system, the ones safeguarding Thea's profile."

Yaroslav's eyes narrowed as he looked at the man, clearly shaken from the rough handling. "Who ordered it?" Yaroslav asked, his tone clipped, demanding answers.

"Salvatore Stone," Nikolai answered, his voice laced with contempt.

Yaroslav furrowed his eyebrows, leaning forward with a dangerous glint in his eyes. "Why would he do that? What does he want with Thea?"

The man on the floor groaned, struggling to lift his head. "All... all I know is someone's looking for her," he stammered, his words barely audible. "They needed to protect her... make sure no one could find her."

Yaroslav's jaw tightened, his mind already racing through the possibilities. Whoever was after Thea clearly had resources, but why? He didn't like loose ends, and this one needed to be tied up quickly. "Who's looking for her?" he demanded, his voice low and menacing, but the man only shook his head, too broken to speak further.

Yaroslav's gaze flicked to Nikolai and Dimitri. "Get everything out of him," he ordered coldly. "I want answers before the day is over."

"