Maniuplation: part 2 (comfort)

A long chapter ahead,

There would be some torture scene and manipulation, you can skip the chapter if you want,

And please vote

THEA SMITH

I sat hunched over her desk, stitching my latest assignment in a quiet effort to forget everything. The room was still, save for the soft hum of my sewing machine and the rustling of fabric and Avas chatter. But in the back of my mind, the memory of the heart attack and that cryptic text nagged at me, a dark cloud I couldn't shake.

Ava and uncle slav came to visit me in the hospital with Ava bawling her eyes out, my heart tugged painfully at the sight of her so vulnerable, Uncle sal heard about our decision and supported knwing i would be save, he took the unkown number and promised to find who did this. Ava not so happy with decision did not say anything knowing it was for the best but she did cry rivers making me cry to.

these 3 days she did not go anywhere distracting me from the painful memories and the texts that worked.

A knock interrupted my thoughts. I looked up, startled,Ava alarmed then I heard a familiar voice.

"Thea, it's me. Can I come in?"

My childhood friend Theo stood at the door, concern etched on his face. He'd heard about the scare, and I could tell by the way his eyes scanned her that he wasn't leaving without seeing for himself that I was alright.

"Hey," she tried to smile, but it felt weak, faltering.

He stepped inside, closing the door behind him softly, like he was afraid sudden movements might shatter me. "You scared me, you know?" His voice held a blend of frustration and tenderness.

"I'm okay now. Really," I said, avoiding his gaze and focusing on a loose stitch. But the trembling in my hands betrayed me

He and Ava gave eachother a nod before Ava decided to give us some privacy and left.

We spent the next hour talking, catching up on old memories, the heaviness in the room slowly lifting as laughter replaced the tension. He made me forget, even if just for a little while. After being cooped up in my room for days, I finally agreed to go outside.

The crisp air was refreshing as we wandered the streets, sharing stories and laughs. It felt normal, like before everything changed, before my life was marked by shadows. And he made me feel safe, grounded.

As we reached at my doorstep, he hesitated, shuffling on his feet as if he had something more to say. I caught the look in his eyes—a softness, a vulnerability. Before I could ask, he stepped forward and sneaked a quick hug, pulling me into his warmth.

"Take care of yourself, Thea," he murmured against her hair, his voice low, almost as if he was trying to say more.

Then, just as quickly as it began, the hug ended. He smiled, a little crookedly, and said, "Goodbye."

I stood there, watching him disappear down the street, feeling something shift. Something she wasn't sure how to name.

YAROSLAV ZOLNEROWICH

I sat in his dimly lit room, eyes glued to the monitor displaying the surveillance footage of Thea. I had followed every moment of her interaction with that childhood friend—Theo. At first, I tried to contain my rage, telling myself it was nothing, just an innocent outing. But when I saw them laughing together, the anger swelled like a storm, threatening to break free. The final straw came when Theo had the audacity to hug her.