Chapter Two

Cascading dark locks of hair and a burgundy skirt trailed behind her figure as the Princess briskly walked through the halls. She couldn't help the self-satisfied smirk that pulled at her lips as she neared her destination.

"You seemed pleased," Rhaenys greeted, pushing off of the wall she had been leaning against as she waited for Visenya. "Busy visiting with a certain someone?"

Visenya rolled her eyes, cheeks tinting a bashful shade of pink. Her hands landed on Rhaenys's shoulder, gently pushing the older woman forward. "Hush you," She hissed out over the Lady of Driftmark's cackling laughter. "I never made such a fuss when I caught you and Corlys in the gardens."

"Did you not?" Rhaenys chuckled, grabbing onto Visenya's hand and leading her further down the hall.

"I didn't."

"I must be mistaken then. Perhaps it was our other sister that threatened to tell mother."

"I was a child, Rhaenys." The dark-haired woman pointed out.

"You were a monstrous little thing," She corrected, though her smile softened as she looked to her younger sister. "All because mother wouldn't allow you in the dragonpit."

"I wanted to fly with you."

"You were dragonless. And seven."

"So? You were just worried Meleys would choose me over you."

"Was not." Rhaenys denied the claim with a shake of her head, causing silver strands to sway.

Visenya frowned at the typical Valyrian features her sister possessed, quickly replacing it with a teasing grin.

"Was too." She asserted in a sing-song voice, her grin deepening when Rhaenys's brow furrowed in annoyance

The kingsguard at the door recognized the two princesses, and quickly opened the door when they made no move to slow. Visenya slipped from Rhaenys's grasp, rushing through the doors. She dodged maesters and servants as they bustled around the room, caring for the pregnant Queen.

"Cousin!" Visenya grinned, making her way to Aemma's side.

"Ah, Visenya," Aemma winced slightly as she leaned back onto a recently fluffed pillow, attempting to disguise her discomfort with a smile. "I hear Rhaenyra beat you this morning."

"That is only because I allowed her too." She responded, taking an offered goblet from a passing servant.

"How do you feel?" Rhaenys asked, settling onto one of the two chairs facing the settee.

"I am as well as to be expected." Aemma replied, trying to hide her grimace from the two older women.

"Still miserable I see, little cousin," Visenya sat down, patting Aemma's knee in an awkward attempt at comfort. Her expression quickly grew serious. "Have you spoken to Viserys yet?"